Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

drilled in wrong place on tile -fill in

• 20-12-2010 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hi folks ,a bit of help would be great please;

I drilled on the wrong wall in the bathroom, so I need to fill in 3 holes on the wall tiles.

They are 8 mil diameter, the issue will be trying to match the tile colour to the filled in holes.
    The tiles are a darkish creamy/alabaster colour, I am sure I have while caulking, would that be the best thing to use or is there something else that would be better to use?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭North West

Can you hang anything over it to hide or replace the tiles.

North west

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Caulk or silcone really is all you can use. You're unlikely to get a colour to match the tiles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

grout or silicone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Grout would be my choice. It would match whats there. Outside that silicone.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Grout them bad boys and if anyone asks........speed holes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sohappy

replace the tiles in question,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

sohappy wrote: »
    replace the tiles in question,

That would be my choice too. I've tried filling holes in tiles and it really never looks right until you replace the tile. At the end of the day, all the time you spend trying to fill the holes properly and match the colours would easily have replaced the tile in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 hamish262001

look up tenax i think its called

Advertisement