Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancellation or continuation despite the snow?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Gingy wrote: »
    Exams from 6 tonight have been postponed til the 17th and 18th of January:(
    Why the sad face?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Good thing they were postponed tbh . . . it is nasty out there at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mynameissarah

I'm glad they were cancelled based on the weather at this point, however I have a serious problem with the rescheduling.

I'm missing two lectures and three history seminars on the Tuesday now that the exams have been moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Sarah, AFAIK, seminars do not take place during the first week of the semester for the simple reason that material needs to be covered in lectures before discussion forums/tutorials can take place. Otherwise nobody would have a breeze what's going on! Also I wouldn't worry about the two history lectures- email your lecturer and explain that you will be sitting an exam postponed from December. Surely they won't penalise you for not attending due to sitting an exam. If you ask really nicely they might even be able to forward you some notes if they don't put them on blackboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭FewToLose

SexyD4Lady wrote: »
    Sarah, AFAIK, seminars do not take place during the first week of the semester for the simple reason that material needs to be covered in lectures before discussion forums/tutorials can take place. Otherwise nobody would have a breeze what's going on! Also I wouldn't worry about the two history lectures- email your lecturer and explain that you will be sitting an exam postponed from December. Surely they won't penalise you for not attending due to sitting an exam. If you ask really nicely they might even be able to forward you some notes if they don't put them on blackboard.

Not true, the majority of them do go ahead during week one. Mine always do! It depends on the course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 mynameissarah

SexyD4Lady wrote: »

Appreciate the concern but seminars do take place, I'm in final year history and we've ALWAYS had seminars in the first week of term. Apologies if that sounds catty, not supposed to!

I'm just really annoyed, had a golden semester this side of Christmas and was going for the golden year but oh well.

Advertisement