Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ennis 4C Challenge 17th April 2011

• 20-12-2010 11:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭

10K and Half Marathon with all proceeds going to Clare Crusaders.

Registration not available on the website yet but €30 for the half and €20 for the 10K with chip timing is good value.

More details here

http://ennis-4c-challenge.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭dizzymom

I would love to do this Half Marathon buts its only a week after Connemara Half Mar - raging :( im gonna miss it, I'm only down the road in smb!

pity !

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭bluestone

any run through the parish is worth doing! will do this if i can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

This seems to have been put back a week to Easter Monday 25th April and is now a 10 miler and 10k.
    Makes sense with Sonny Murphy Kilnaboy 10 miler on April 10th
    http://ennis-4c-challenge.com/
    http://www.runireland.com/events/sonny-murphy-memorial-kilnaboy-10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭ger664

Glad to see they changed the courses as they would have had serious traffic management problems on the original ones. Pity they didn't manage a half as could do with a few more down this neck of the woods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭specialk1977

ohhhim defo up for de 10miles..and i agree with you we defo could do with alot more half marathons in our neck of de woods:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭D Chief

What sort of course is the 10k? Is it flat or hilly?

I don't know Ennis really, but will be in Clare over Easter and might give this race a go.

Bump

Registration & chip collection is Sat 23rd from 6pm to 9pm, Sunday 24th 6pm to 9pm & monday 25th 7am to 9am in the C.B.S Hall, New Road, Ennis

Races start @ 10:am on Monday from Fairgreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭regularkev

Drove the 10 mile course today. Quite hilly for the first 5-6 miles (Start to just beyond Barefield), but the last 4 miles is downhill / flat, save for the short climb up from Sheils Garage. A question of hanging in there for the first stetch while keeping enough in the tank to take advantage of the easier miles towards the end.

Slightly worried that the odometer in my car only showed it as 15.4 km though.

regularkev wrote: »
    Drove the 10 mile course today. Quite hilly for the first 5-6 miles (Start to just beyond Barefield), but the last 4 miles is downhill / flat, save for the short climb up from Sheils Garage. A question of hanging in there for the first stetch while keeping enough in the tank to take advantage of the easier miles towards the end.

A very good discription of the course. The first 6 miles are tough. Also a little snarl of a climb coming back on to the main road from ballyalla lake.
    Slightly worried that the odometer in my car only showed it as 15.4 km though.

If we start and finish at the same point then i do not think it will be 16K either more like 15.75. So no getting overexcited if you demolish your 10 mile PB. I cannot seem to find it stating on the website that the courses are accurately measured but i will try and find out for sure.

The likelihood of a PB was pretty low anyhow given the nature of the course :0) I usually run down that little hill off the Gort Road down to Ballyalla (like on the Clare 10k course), so it'll be a new experience to go at it the other way.

Good luck tomorrow to all taking part!

• Advertisement

Just got word back from the organisers. The 10 mile will contain a little loop of cones at the end to bring it up to 16K/Ten miles so dont be surprised if you have a bit extra to do.

ger664 wrote: »
    Just got word back from the organisers. The 10 mile will contain a little loop of cones at the end to bring it up to 16K/Ten miles so dont be surprised if you have a bit extra to do.

Thanks! I guess I don't have an excuse now ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Good event and well organised! Definatly doing it again next year if it's on. :D

Good event, well organised and well worth the price. Everyone was very friendly on the way around and there were lots of water stations. As predicted, I got nowhere near a PB! On the upside, the Missus did a PB in the 10km :)

Good event, well organised and well worth the price. Everyone was very friendly on the way around and there were lots of water stations. As predicted, I got nowhere near a PB! On the upside, the Missus did a PB in the 10km :)

The 10K course looks good for PB time. A couple of people i spoke to afterwards had PB in the 10K. Me I took 2 secs of my 10 mile time. Improving slowly but surely :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

An unplanned race for me and I have to say I was really impressed with the organisation. Everything went extremely smoothly from registration to the start line. Volunteers and marshalls were very friendly and encouraging all the way round so a huge thanks to them. Good value at €20 with all proceeds going to charity.

2 Water stations over 10km and a great spread afterwards certainly made my day! Will def be back next year and hopefully take on the 10 miles course. Well done to all involved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭D Chief

Thumbs up from me too. Ran the 10k and really enjoyed it. It was a fun, well organised event. Plenty of water available during and after the race and a good spread of tea,coffee,sambos,chocolate,fruit after. And a good fast route, couple of small hills, but it was mostly downhill/flat for last 3-4km.
    At 20euro for a charity event, I don't think anyone could have any complaints. Well done to all involved.

Advertisement