Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCG project deadline extended

• 21-12-2010 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭

So our teacher knows people in the DOE (so he says) and he's been told the project deadline has been pushed back to Feb. 14th.

Expect official confirmnation during the week. :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

Is this for real?

I have mixed feelings either way... i think i needed to go into the christmas break knowing i had to get it all done by January, now i'll probably just waste my time arsing around and end up doing none of the sketches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

So our teacher knows people in the DOE (so he says) and he's been told the project deadline has been pushed back to Feb. 14th.

Expect official confirmnation during the week. :p

Will you post a link on this thread if one becomes available and also any updates asap. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭shofukan

Don't mean to sound like a bástard, but prove it.
    (if you do it'll make my day!)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

If you're lying, i'll shoot you! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭roguey

Our teacher also told us it was extended today also, but he said the 18th of Feb.

Im also in 2 minds about it, it is great i suppose, but i was plannin on making a plan to do like an output everyday almost, cause im really behind in the outputs! ( Only Output 1 sheet 1 and and output 2 sheet 1 done :eek:) and i know now that i probably wont lift a finger over the Hols, I better force myself to do it, i'll be kicking myself after if I dont don anything!

Thank god i have all my solidworks finished though!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

NotExactly wrote: »
    Will you post a link on this thread if one becomes available and also any updates asap. Thanks.

Will do. I've checked the T4 site and DOE site, now word of yet but I'll post a link if one appears if im not beaten to it. :p
    Liveit wrote: »
    If you're lying, i'll shoot you! :P

Now I hope my teacher was right! :eek: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

While, given the weather, it's not impossible that deadlines might be extended, there is no point relying on this on the basis of rumours.

People should do what they can to make progress on their project ... if there is a postponement, you'll still be further along, won't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

This is definite, our teacher got a letter this morning. I'm kind of annoyed that they announced it so late (A lot of late nights spent on the project...) but good for people who've missed a lot of school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭AD61

This was confirmed on the SEC website: http://examinations.ie/exam/2011_LC_Practical_EV.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

Total BS and not fair on those of us who did it last year. We had to deal with the schools being closed too, my class even came in for a week during Christmas, and we got our titles much later in the year too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

Total BS and not fair on those of us who did it last year. We had to deal with the schools being closed too, my class even came in for a week during Christmas, and we got our titles much later in the year too

How long did you miss though?? Here in wicklow we've missed basically 3 full weeks because of the snow

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

AD61 wrote: »
    This was confirmed on the SEC website: http://examinations.ie/exam/2011_LC_Practical_EV.pdf

You heard it here first! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Well there's a substantial difference between missing two of the three school weeks before the project's deadline as we have and missing two weeks a month or two before the deadline as your year did.

Anyway it's still going to be marked on the bell curve anyway so giving people more time isn't going to change the overall grade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Cydoniac wrote: »
    This is definite, our teacher got a letter this morning. I'm kind of annoyed that they announced it so late (A lot of late nights spent on the project...) but good for people who've missed a lot of school.

That's some early training for actual life, it's rare you might get some of that in 2nd level so feel lucky :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23 anto475

time enough to put the finishing touches on it :D this should probably impact on the exam somehow then, seeing as there's less time to cover the course and revise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 umpy

does anyone know if this extension applies to all schools? our teacher told us it was only selected schools that had an extended deadline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭AD61

umpy wrote: »
    does anyone know if this extension applies to all schools? our teacher told us it was only selected schools that had an extended deadline

It applies to all schools, it's on the official Schedule of Examination Dates: http://www.examinations.ie/exam/2011_LC_Practical_EV.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kev Cah

Just found out that the project could be started the 13th September!! We didn't start until the the 2nd week of November!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

i started typing it out about an hour ago.... and if i stop now i wont end up doing it to the 13th febuary.

so im stayng up until i have it all typed up, 2 essays needed on hamlet and 20 maths exam paper qustions. (qustion 1, 2, 3, 4 paper 1, 2008, 07, 06 ,05 ,04, most of them sections are handy so 10, 15 minutes a qustion)

Advertisement