Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I.D

• 21-12-2010 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Didn't know where to put this but I'm applying for a passport to use as id so that I can get into nightclubs. I was wondering if theres anything that the Gaurds can give me to use as id before my passport comes like maybe a gaurda stamped photo?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

a garda ID card perhaps?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

There's the Garda National Age Card, but it's not officially recognised as an ID and would prob have the same turnaround time to receive it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Why don't you apply for the Age Card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Iamcool wrote: »
    Didn't know where to put this but I'm applying for a passport to use as id so that I can get into nightclubs. I was wondering if theres anything that the Gaurds can give me to use as id before my passport comes like maybe a gaurda stamped photo?

Yeah - they have a stamp that they actually put on your forehead.

It says "troll".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Ya no bother, just give um a ring and say it to them, do it now and get back to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Don't think so. You should apply for an age card so you don't get caught like this again.

In the meantime ..... grow a beard

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Iamcool

The age card takes like 6 to 8 weeks or something I think :( I really need some sort of thing but I don't think I can get one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

My sister got passport photos signed by the Gaurds and that worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Iamcool

Pocketfizz wrote: »
    Oh! Yeah thats like what I was thinking, I'll probably go in tomorro and see what they say about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Just use the big '18' badges you got from one of your birthday cards..
    Should do the trick... :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Pocketfizz wrote: »

Yeah - but they were nudie snaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

You poor child, having to wait a couple of months before you can get into a club with all the cool kids :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Garda ID takes longer to send than a passport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Just go up to the bouncers with an Xtravision Card, you need to be 18 to join.

OR

Bring your birthcert with you anywhere you go and staple a passport photo of yourself to it.

simples.

Advertisement