Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dingle hostel recommendation

Options
  • 21-12-2010 12:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good hostel in Dingle.

There is about 10 of us heading down for a climbing/hiking weekend in late Jan/early Feb. A camp site would be a plus but not essential.

Cheers!
    R.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

http://www.dodingle.com/pages/find_accommodation_hostel_camping_0001.html

This link might be of use as it mentions all of the hostels that I know of around Dingle/West Kerry.
    I couldn't say which if any might be more suitable for the time of year you mention - they may not all be open etc at that time or be able to cope with those numbers. The other thing to bear in mind is location - some of these hostels are a good distance outside Dingle town but if you have cars etc that may not be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Im from Dingle but have stayed in the rainbow hostel with friends when i had them down. Nice clean dorms. Basic but was what we wanted. Be warned though it is outside town boundaries so a bit of a walk to get back to.

Friends have stayed at the one on Dykegate Lane and werent impressed, but it was three girls and would naturally be a bit more particular.

Cant comment on any others as havent stayed or heard anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Hi lads,

Thanks for all the replies. I was kind of up between the Grapevine and the Rainbow. Although the Hideout is also in consideration.

Anywhere basic and clean would be fine as we'll be spending long days out and about and all we'll really want is somewhere to kip and have a shower.

Cheers once more and have a great Christmas!
    R.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Im from Dingle but have stayed in the rainbow hostel with friends when i had them down. Nice clean dorms. Basic but was what we wanted. Be warned though it is outside town boundaries so a bit of a walk to get back to.

Friends have stayed at the one on Dykegate Lane and werent impressed, but it was three girls and would naturally be a bit more particular.

Cant comment on any others as havent stayed or heard anything.

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

was in dingle to ring in the new year. the best place in this country to be on new yrs eve, bands , light displays, song and dance, no where like it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Isn't the Hideout the one down by An Canteen ?The first place on that page is the Paddywagon place in Annascaul ,not th place I'd choose at all-the hostel, not the village.

Advertisement