Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Censorship

Options
  • 21-12-2010 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Did anyone witness the censorship on todays edition of the 'Daily Show'.
    The hosts Claire Byrne and Daithi (whatever his name) had a panel of guests on to talk about topics making the news in todays 'Dailys'.
    Not once did anyone mention Gerry Ryan and drugs, yet it took up the front page on all our national daily newspapers, strange that?

Wess

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭timogen

Did you watch the programme,it was obvious to me why they didn't bring it up, lottie ryan was doing a piece on the show.
    But the size of that elephant in the room and no one mentioning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Wess

Oh! I didn't realise that was his daughter (the one in the raindeer jumper). Who said it was the same as Tubridy wore on the toyshow, but that it wasn't his!!
    I still think they are all abit cosy in RTE, if they choose to have Gerry Ryans daughter on to review the newspapers, then that's what shes there for, if she 'can't handle the topics shes there to discuss' give the job to someone else, we pay the license, we deserve the truth, not some water downed version thereof, just because they give the gig to a colleagues daughter, albeit the daughter of the main topic in the Dailys!

Wess

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭timogen

Yeah wess that's her.an interview with her would have been the way to do it at least you'd feel they weren't tryin to sweep in under the carpet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Its RTE, what can we expect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

timogen wrote: »
    But the size of that elephant in the room and no one mentioning it.

Bet an ould elephat would have some suction on that ould shnoz of his.

Picture-5.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

On a totally different but related subject, since when have RTE been censoring The Panel? I watched it the last week for the first time in years and all the 'fúcks' were blanked out, but not the 'shíts' for some reason. What the hell? It's on well after the watershed. Is it just because the show is on RTE One, now? And even then that doesn't make any sense as they show uncensored movies on RTE One all the time. Wasn't Die Hard with a Vengance on a few days ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

They made plenty of mention to the subject on Morning Ireland this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Its not just RTE, TV3 are doing it aswell. On Ireland am they always talk about the days news stories. Gerry Ryan on every paper but not one mention of him in the show. I know Mark Cagney is an ex-coke head and knew Gerry Ryan but you'd think he'd be big enough to have an opinion. Makes me think there afraid to say anything incase their hiding something themselfs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

He use to work for RTE so why would they try badmouth him

Nothing good can come from discussing his drug use, and to me it's not an interesting story either, so many people in this country do coke

Advertisement