Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got some x11's today, why does the xbox not want me to use them with hdmi..

• 21-12-2010 1:54am

Why is there a plastic lip on the xbox slim cable that doesn't let me connect the hdmi at the same time? I'm using an old cable which I've taken apart to allow me to fit both the hdmi and regular cable in at the same time, but is there a specific reason for this or do they just want more money for the 'splitter' cable?

If anyones managed to connect x11's to a panasonic viera TX-23LX60L without using this work-around then let me know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭May Feign

i have x41's and they slip into the top part of the old avg cable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Why is there a plastic lip on the xbox slim cable that doesn't let me connect the hdmi at the same time? I'm using an old cable which I've taken apart to allow me to fit both the hdmi and regular cable in at the same time, but is there a specific reason for this or do they just want more money for the 'splitter' cable?

If anyones managed to connect x11's to a panasonic viera TX-23LX60L without using this work-around then let me know.

I've been told that it's slightly unsafe to do that (and that it's not a design oversight that they don't both fit in) but I can't vouch for the accuracy of that.
    Harvey Norman in Limerick have them at half price (still €25 though!) or you could try asking in Game or Gamestop to see if they have spares from when people have traded in consoles - I was lucky enough to get an old one free inside in Gamestop in Limerick when I asked nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Use the audio out in the back of the tv instead.

Shammy wrote: »
    Use the audio out in the back of the tv instead.

I tried hooking it straight to the audio out and I got no sound. No idea why. Perhaps they're not audio outs, despite what the instructions say :/

And Cossax, I'm not noticing any difference myself. Wasn't able to find anything online saying not to do it, so I'm guessing there's no reason for it other than microsoft wanting me to spend 50 quid on a different version of the same cable I already have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

send a pm to TheMooseInNam http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=146743
    guarantee he'l have it fixed in no time for ya since he thinks he's a pro when it comes to turtle beach headsets.

or he'l prob spot this thread when he's on doing his random turtle beach searches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭jesmed

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    I tried hooking it straight to the audio out and I got no sound. No idea why.

It was the same for me.......i had to break into the xbox cable with the headphone cable. The headphone cable was made with a piggy back cable connection. I have px21's.

Advertisement