Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning a pair of boots

Options
  • 21-12-2010 2:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

I bought a pair of hiking boots to help cope with the weather from the Great Outdoors, thing is the snow wore off soon thereafter and I saw no need to wear them. Today I got an opportunity to give them a good walking in and discovered some kind of little protrusion sewn right into the heel of the right one. I know it sounds ridiculously pedantic but having something poke your heel with every step can actually get painful. It's absent from the left one so it could be argued to be a manufacturing fault. The problem is that I didn't think many things could go wrong with a pair of boots so I didn't keep the receipt...
    Without a proof of purchase is there any point in me going in and asking for a replacement?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

You won't have an issue with Great Outdoors (small independent shop = far better service)

It might be able to be corrected - digfficult to know without seeing them, but certainly bring them in and one of the guys there will look after you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Without a receipt, you have no proof of purchase. However, there is no harm in taking the boots back to Great Outdoors and explaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Bank or credit card records showing the shop name may do.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 mercury127

I paid with cash as well... I did use a loyalty card though, it's conceivable that the shop might keep a record of that.

Advertisement