Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchase Sterling Now, or Withdraw from ATM in Scotland?

Options
  • 21-12-2010 2:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am heading to Edinburgh after Christmas, and I was wondering if it would be cheaper to exchange my money now, or to withdraw it from the ATM machines in Edinburgh when I get there, as I go along. I need advice, as I don't know what the charges (if any) are for wothdrawing money abroad.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You don't say how long you are going for or how much you are converting.
    Musefan wrote: »
    as I go along
    Multiple international transactions are likely to be expensive.

Make sure your card will work there and that you have enough sterling for 1-2 days, including accommodation when you arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

I would be converting about 600 euros, and I am going for one week. I hope that helps :). I was thinking I would rather make about 2-3 withdrawals over there, rather than taking out money in dribs and drabs but thank you for the advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

If you are with Ulster Bank - some UK banks will not charge a fee.
    Details of ATM Charges outside Eurozone here .
    Most others will charge 3.5%

Advertisement