Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Improved whack a taoiseach

• 21-12-2010 2:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭

http://www.androidpit.com/en/android/market/apps/app/lawless.wackT/Whack-A-Taoiseach

it now has a timer, different difficulty settings(which will probably need to be adjusted) and a scoring system of sorts, the only major problem im having is with the games thread it seems android deals with threads on whims and how it feels about the thread, i can jump out of the game to the menu or it jumps out automatically at the end of a round but whether the thread is actually destroyed when that happens seems to entirely be up to chance :mad: anyone know anything about this or is this the best that gets?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

This game is oddly satisfying. :D

Maybe in version two you can include the whole Dail or allow us to pick our favourite :D

Or how about an option to upload your own picture. You could have that as a paid version. Bet you'd sell loads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kurisu

Or how about an option to upload your own picture. You could have that as a paid version. Bet you'd sell loads.

i will put that as a maybe:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

kurisu wrote: »
    http://www.androidpit.com/en/android/market/apps/app/lawless.wackT/Whack-A-Taoiseach

it now has a timer, different difficulty settings(which will probably need to be adjusted) and a scoring system of sorts, the only major problem im having is with the games thread it seems android deals with threads on whims and how it feels about the thread, i can jump out of the game to the menu or it jumps out automatically at the end of a round but whether the thread is actually destroyed when that happens seems to entirely be up to chance :mad: anyone know anything about this or is this the best that gets?

Not sure what you mean by the thread getting destroyed? Are you spawning and running your own thread for the game?

draffodx wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean by the thread getting destroyed? Are you spawning and running your own thread for the game?

at the moment its broken into 2 apps, one is the menu the other is a blank screen with the thread declared in it that takes in a value representing the difficulty, if a player backs out or the timer gets to zero the app is killed along with its thread and the player is returned to the menu where they can back out or start another game, its at this point it tends to hang, i did get advice from someone else that told me it seems to be trying at this point to start an already existing thread , but there is no way to get rid of that thread every method is depreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

you mean its broken into two activities?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

Just installed.

Looks good.

Thanks

draffodx wrote: »
    you mean its broken into two activities?

yes two activities :D

i keep confusing those

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

I cant find the app in the market, do I need to get it via the website

mayotom wrote: »
    I cant find the app in the market, do I need to get it via the website

hmmm not sure it should be there, have you spelt it correctly? the app market is not the most forgiving off slightest errors.

Hmm does anyone find the error of having it freeze and or crash at the end of some games too problematic?

hmmm not sure it should be there, have you spelt it correctly? the app market is not the most forgiving off slightest errors.

Thanks but still cant get it even from the QR code on the above link

• Advertisement

Thanks but still cant get it even from the QR code on the above link

what version of android are using?, i compiled it to 2.2 which was probably a bad idea in hindsight as the android market might simply make it inaccessible to you

what version of android are using?, i compiled it to 2.2 which was probably a bad idea in hindsight as the android market might simply make it inaccessible to you

Hi Kurisu,

I have just upraded from 2.1 to 2.2 on my Samsung Europa, but I still can't get it and I really want to give it to cowen

Hi Kurisu,

I have just upraded from 2.1 to 2.2 on my Samsung Europa, but I still can't get it and I really want to give it to cowen

hmm now i have no idea, there's no reason it shouldn't be coming up in the market that i can think of

here ill just throw the installer up on rapidshare if you just drag it onto the phone then and install it that way

http://rapidshare.com/files/442922959/Cowenator.apk

thats probably not the final one as admob decided for some reason to update all their code meaning ill have to add the new package

Advertisement