Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old Sim to New Desire HD

• 21-12-2010 3:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi,
    Could any of you lads tell me how to transfer the phone numbers from my old O2 sim to my new unlocked Desire HD?

Would really apreciate any help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Are the contacts on the sim or on the old phone? If sim, you can see them on the new phone by selecting only sim contacts in the people app. These can then be merged with your gmail contact. Using the online gmail contacts section is easier than doing the same operation on the phone.
    If the old contacts are on an old phone you can try to sync that phone with an email contacts manager on your computer or set up a exchange sync to your gmail account.
    I can explain further if you can provide a bit more info on what you want to copy from where and to where.

One bit of advice though, I'd recommend you backup your gmail contacts regularly to csv while merging and consolidating contacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Donne

Idleater wrote: »
    Are the contacts on the sim or on the old phone? If sim, you can see them on the new phone by selecting only sim contacts in the people app. These can then be merged with your gmail contact. Using the online gmail contacts section is easier than doing the same operation on the phone.
    If the old contacts are on an old phone you can try to sync that phone with an email contacts manager on your computer or set up a exchange sync to your gmail account.
    I can explain further if you can provide a bit more info on what you want to copy from where and to where.

One bit of advice though, I'd recommend you backup your gmail contacts regularly to csv while merging and consolidating contacts.

Thanks for the info.
    Basically my contacts are on my sim card, so I'll try the gmail trick.

Advertisement