Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Hand Car

Options
  • 21-12-2010 4:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a second hand car (it will be my very first one). I wanted to know if any of you have some advices? Like a good dealer, what I absolutely need to check before buying, and any car insurance that won't be too expensive. (fyi, I have my driving license since 3 years now).

Thanks a lot for your time!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

the very informative people over at the motors forum will help you out with tips on buying a second hand car.
    In relation to finding a good dealer, not sure how much you want to believe from strangers here but one thing would be to make sure the dealer is a member of SIMI, in that way you may have extra comeback if something should go wrong.

but one thing would be to make sure the dealer is a member of SIMI, in that way you may have extra comeback if something should go wrong.

I wouldn't be at all impressed by Simi membership, the worst garages in the country are affiliated with Simi. Judge a car on the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

O Callaghan Kanturk expensive there but cars are 100% any problems they will fix no hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

John Dunne Turners Cross seems to be a good guy to deal with. (no connection).

Advertisement