Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone buying from HWVS in the forseable future?

Options
  • 21-12-2010 6:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭

i want to piggy back on their order with an SSD to save on shipping costs:o:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Which one you getting ? The price might be similar on amazon. Have my eye on an Corsair F60 which is €111.50 on hardwareversand and it's €114.50 including delivery from amazon. Gonna pull the trigger some time this week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

i was gonna get the OCZ vertex2E 60gb, but the F60 is essentially the same SSD, with the sandforce controller.

im having trouble on amazon differentiating between the vertex 2 and 2E, which are completely different SSD's. why dont they show MFR codes????

i might just go for the F60 so.

actually, for a bit of futureproofing, i guess the Force 120gb ;178 (~€210) on amazon is much better long term value. hmmm.

ill hit the make me broke but happy button if you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

i thought the 60gb vertex 2e used the SandForce SF-1200

indough wrote: »
    correct. and so does the force 60.

indough wrote: »
    review/benchmarks of the F120 vs 120gb vertex2E

http://www.storagereview.com/corsair_force_f120_ssd_review

• Advertisement

Tea_Bag wrote: »

ill hit the make me broke but happy button if you do.

I'm definitely hitting that button soon, I already ordered a 2.5" to 3.5" mounting bracket from ebay :).

I'm only getting the 60GB though, so I won't be quite as broke as you :pac:

jamescd wrote: »
    I'm definitely hitting that button soon, I already ordered a 2.5" to 3.5" mounting bracket from ebay :).

I'm only getting the 60GB though, so I won't be quite as broke as you :pac:
    i was under the impression the F60 came with a 2.5" to 3.5" adapter. it does with ebuyer.

Ah feck, didn't see that bit. Oh well, it was only 6 quid anyhow :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    i was under the impression the F60 came with a 2.5" to 3.5" adapter. it does with ebuyer.

I got one from scan a short while ago in their daily deals and it had the adapter.

might want to hold off on the SSD purchases. intel are releasing their 3rd gen models in early 2011 (rumoured january). im sure the intel SSD's will be overpriced and underperformers (like the current intel gen) but it should drive down prices for SSD's a lil bit. (i know i know waiting for prices to drop is kinda silly in tech world, but january is only a week away.)

also, sandforce is rumoured to be releasing their next controller at the same time.
    i think SSD's are going to become very mainstream in 2011, with prices dropping to £1 per GB.

source: http://www.anandtech.com/show/3965/intels-3rd-generation-x25m-ssd-specs-revealed

• Advertisement
Advertisement