Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend PS3 game for new user (for xmas)

Options
  • 21-12-2010 6:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey there,

I'm a new enough PS3 player , any games out there I may have missed ? I know I have read reviews but generally us Irish people have more sense :)

I have Call of Duty (both games) , infamous, RedDead

I was thinking Uncharted 2 maybe or GTA4 ? What would you guys recommend?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

daveo90 wrote: »
    Hey there,

I'm a new enough PS3 player , any games out there I may have missed ? I know I have read reviews but generally us Irish people have more sense :)

I have Call of Duty (both games) , infamous, RedDead

I was thinking Uncharted 2 maybe or GTA4 ? What would you guys recommend?

Of those two, Uncharted 2, obviously preceded by Uncharted.

A list of recommended PS3 games: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055704418

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

+1 to Uncharted 2

If you have the money, pick up the first one on the cheap too as it is also fantastic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Red dead redemption

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

God of War Collection, 2 great games for 30 euro! (ish)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Uncharted series, god of war 3 and heavy rain and loads more 2011 is gonna be crazy for games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Uncharted 2, its amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Uncharted 1, then 2 (I'm in the small minority that actually preferred the first one)

Personally, I'd say ignore GTA, but maybe pick up the Episodes pack if you really want to try it..

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭AR-Mad

woah you got everything to play. I highly recommend the fallout series amazon is selling Fallout3 with all the expansion packs for 20euros. Im hooked on that game now. +1 to uncharted 1 and 2 and dont forget killzone 2 and the rachet and clank series. Just too many awesome games on this thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

If you were a fan of previous Metal Gear Solid games, then i would recommend getting MGS 4. It is nothing short of epic, and every few months i find myself going back playing it over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I'm burnt out on the GTA series - have GTA4 but it has only ever been played by visitors. I'm interested in Uncharted 2 but really don't feel compelled to play the original. So that would be my recommendation of the two.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭daveo90

Thanks guys , I'm going to go for Uncharted 2 i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Mafia 2 is also worth a look. Its come down to 30 quid in most stores aswell.

Advertisement