Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fairy Light Spare Bub Conspiracy

Options
  • 21-12-2010 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

So im looking for some spare fairy light bulbs.... Woodies.......b & Q local hardware store. No one sells them! I have no less then 6 sets of lights bought over a few years. (ive lost the spare bulbs that come with them my bad) Is there anywhere that sells them or would they prefer we buy a new set when half the set dont work due to one burnt bulb???? grrrr any ideas as im not buying a 7th set of lights. They are just the standard green pop in ones.:confused:
    Oh and before you say ebay they wont have time to post before crimbo :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

hi finnegan... for the future and maybe present buy 2 sets then you have loads of spares for many years....my uncle added in a few more lights to a set many years ago..... still going strong...no bulbs blown!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭finnegan2010

hmmm pegasus ........... you just gave me a great idea. why didnt i think of it. Ill strip the bulbs off say 2 sets and get the other 4 sets working sweet. It never occured to me . cheers:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

just to clarify.... are you replacing bulbs? if so find a good bulb and work you're way up from one end of a seqence with the good bulb,

when you come across the blown bulb, the light's in that seqence will come on...gets more difficult if more than 1 bulb blown, as in replace 2 good bulbs in the daisy chain rather than 1..

if on the other hand you will add bulbs into the set... you need to know you're stuff...

hope this is of help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Aye find out which are the bulbs that are actually gone, sometimes if there's one bad one, the following 9 will go out too as they're linked.
    You could buy a cheap set in the likes of HomeStore&More or Tesco even for 2 or 3 euro and use the bulbs as spares.

Advertisement