Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water off in Blackpool

Options
  • 21-12-2010 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Anyone else in this area having problems? Nothing on the radio or council websites about it being turned off so Im thinking the pipes have frozen again...............

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Dan Dare

Also in Blackpool, water supply fine. You're probable correct about the pipes, sorry.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

I'd say it's the pipes...we've no water here in Glanmire either cos the pipes are frozen :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Damn, can't use my shower.

*no Walking On Sunshine rendition for 2 o clock today*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

No water here either and only a couple of miles away.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

On Douglas road and no water upstairs since last night, hoping it's just the pressure and not a freeze though because this happened during the last cold spell and was fine again after a day.

Fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ixtlan

In Maryborough Hill area near Douglas and water has gone off. Not sure if it's frozen pipes or supply. It has never frozen before, so I'm inclined to think it's a supply issue.

Ix.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

http://www.diy-guides.com/unfreezing-pipes/

A towel and warm water sounds like a safe option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

CorkMan wrote: »
    Damn, can't use my shower.

*no Walking On Sunshine rendition for 2 o clock today*

Being serious, up in Gurranabraher at noon today the pipes in my house were frozen. My dad had to use a heatgun to get them running again.

Advertisement