Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can u make chocolate sauce in advance ?

Options
  • 21-12-2010 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Hi,
    I want to make a chocolate sauce for christmas and wonder can I make it a few days in advance. I am making an icecream christmas pudding and want to serve it with it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Petite Treats

It depends on the recipe but it should be absolutely fine- store it in the fridge. I make one and it keeps great and even freezes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

coleen wrote: »
    Hi,
    I want to make a chocolate sauce for christmas and wonder can I make it a few days in advance. I am making an icecream christmas pudding and want to serve it with it

You can make a simple sauce by heating to double cream to just below boiling point and then pouring it over chopped chocolate/ chocolate chips.

This will keep for a few days in the fridge. If you have a squeezy bottle store it in that. You can just stick the bottle in the microwave for a minute then and you have a lovely warm chocolate sauce

Advertisement