Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox live

• 21-12-2010 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

hi can anyone help , son has xbox arcade he wants to get xbox live on it ,i bought the 12 mths gold,but dont know how to connect his xbox up. i have a wireless network but do i need an adapter for the xbox? im not very good at computing ,need to set it up for xmas day for him! any help much appreciated thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Btwndeyes

Ya you need to have the wireless adaptor for it you can get that it any shop selling xboxes, also, there is a fix with using a laptop connected to the xbox but i believe that can be tricky to set up

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭kline64

so i need to get one and do you know if its easy to set up once i get this adapter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

kline64 wrote: »
    so i need to get one and do you know if its easy to set up once i get this adapter?

Very easy !!!!! How far is the xbox from your modem / router for the internet, I'm assuming it's in the kids room ruling out the chance of just connecting the xbox via a cable to the internet?

calex71 wrote: »
    Very easy !!!!! How far is the xbox from your modem / router for the internet, I'm assuming it's in the kids room ruling out the chance of just connecting the xbox via a cable to the internet?
    router is in sitting room ,xbox upstairs to far to connect with cable,dont think id get one long enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭ryaner012

don't set it up through your laptop

it is possible to bridge the LAN line and the Wireless together and connect the Xbox to the network that way.

I did this before and i was having problems removing the bridged connections.

I recommend getting a wireless adapter for it, it's what i use on mine and it is just plug in follow the steps and you're good to go

• Advertisement

ryaner012 wrote: »
    don't set it up through your laptop

it is possible to bridge the LAN line and the Wireless together and connect the Xbox to the network that way.

I did this before and i was having problems removing the bridged connections.

I recommend getting a wireless adapter for it, it's what i use on mine and it is just plug in follow the steps and you're good to go
    i wouldnt know where to start with bridgeing! id be better of buying the adapter they cost about 50 euro dont they ? more money!

been on the phone to Game stop the price of the adapter is 80euro! can i connect a ethernet cable to my router and into back of xbox and get connected that way.i have a 30ft ethernet cable here and just wondered would it be possible.it would be messy wires but would it do for now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

Ive seen them in GAME for €50 :/

got hubby to call in to game they told him75 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭danois

have a look on adverts i picked one up there for 25 i think it was might be worth a try. or if his room is above sitting room you could just drill a small hole and put ethernet up tru his floor

• Advertisement

got hubby to call in to game they told him75 euro
    Hmm maybe it was a special offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

if you can use the cable do because i know having my xbox a distance away from the router the connection can be dodgy.
    the hole in the roof idea would idea to tidy it up

will try the cable and see how it goes . fingers crossed it works!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Hi just want to make sure you have the Arcade, so many different types of xboxes now. Is it white?

I've heard some people call the new 4gb Xbox S the arcade but it has built in wifi, so you wouldn't need the dongle if you have this console version.

connected the ethernet wire from router to xbox(its arcade white box no wifi on it) & it seems to have worked! only problem is when he tries to play his fifa game it wont let him go on live says something about parents permission, gave permission but is asking for credit card details ,this is from ea games not xbox live .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

connected the ethernet wire from router to xbox(its arcade white box no wifi on it) & it seems to have worked! only problem is when he tries to play his fifa game it wont let him go on live says something about parents permission, gave permission but is asking for credit card details ,this is from ea games not xbox live .

whos email address did u register it with? think it could be something to do with been over 18

Yeah you have to be over 16 to play EA games online (for some absolutly ridicilous reason)

my son wants fifa 11 ultimate team for xmas but i dont know how to get it. anybody else know ? its on xbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭jesmed

been on the phone to Game stop the price of the adapter is 80euro! can i connect a ethernet cable to my router and into back of xbox and get connected that way.i have a 30ft ethernet cable here and just wondered would it be possible.it would be messy wires but would it do for now?

Just run the ethernet cable from your xbox to the router and you should be sorted.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

:pac:
    my son wants fifa 11 ultimate team for xmas but i dont know how to get it. anybody else know ? its on xbox

Its free it comes with Fifa

• Advertisement

:pac:

Its free it comes with Fifa

checked it on his xbox and it said he needed FUT 11 but i dont know what that is ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Fifa
    Ultimate
    Team

Fifa
    Ultimate
    Team
    it just keeps coming up saying he has to get FUT11 so i was just wondering do you have to buy it or download it maybe ?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

it just keeps coming up saying he has to get FUT11 so i was just wondering do you have to buy it or download it maybe ?:confused:
    buy it with Microsoft points it was free if you had fut for fifa 10.

buy it with Microsoft points it was free if you had fut for fifa 10.
    do you have to buy it and if so how much would it be ?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

do you have to buy it and if so how much would it be ?:confused:
    400 or 800 ms points off the top of my head.

Advertisement