Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of Router to buy

• 21-12-2010 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

Hi

I need to buy a router and I'd like to know what type would suit my pc best.

I'm with UPC and use a Dell with Windows XP.

I want to be able to browse the web with my new Android phone and for my sone to be able to play his PS3 online.

What type of router do I need and where can I buy it and for how much.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Irishrossoblu

I have just bought a Mac Airport Express and couldnt be happier. You will need a modem to hitch it to, but its a great piece of kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

Wow that was fast.

How much did it cost and where did you buy it.

Like wise with the modem.

I have a budget of not more that €100, would I be able to buy both for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

You don't need a separate modem, most are built in these days and around the €60-80 mark.

Something like this should do the job.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6757780/Trail/searchtext%3EROUTER.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Irishrossoblu

suey71 wrote: »
    Wow that was fast.

How much did it cost and where did you buy it.

Like wise with the modem.

I have a budget of not more that €100, would I be able to buy both for this?

Well I bought it in Norway, but you can get them in any Mac store and online at apple.ie. It should be €75, but I doubt you will be able to get both a modem and Airport Express for under €100. What did UPC supply you with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

Thanks JustinOval.

Irishrossoblu, I just took a look at the modem from upc.

Its a Scientific Atlanta model and it dates from 5/08 if that makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Sorry, just realised you're with UPC and have a modem already? In that case you just need a router.

Advertisement