Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday: 6 - 8 pm exam postponed. Wed: Exams postponed

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

It was the only option they had. They should have made that decision yesterday to save people coming up from the country the hassle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Sh1t one having an exam at 3pm today! Absolute blizzard out there. I had two exams tomorrow which I had not done a tap for so I've gotten away with murder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

Sh1t one having an exam at 3pm today! Absolute blizzard out there. I had two exams tomorrow which I had not done a tap for so I've gotten away with murder!

Lets go stand out side with a sign saying "You mad bro?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

The only exam I'm well prepared for is the only one of mine that gets postponed. If I were capable of feeling emotions they'd be in conflict.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I care about my degree and would have done anything to get my exams. The weather was well forecast in advance unlike last time where lets face it, many were caught out. If you had to travel far, grab a hotel nearby or stay at a mates. Thats what I had planned as I live about 90 mins from UCD on a fairly mountainous stretch. I'm devastated the exams were cancelled. My final exam was at 6pm today. So now I have to wait all over Christmas for my final paper.

In my opinion there was no justification to cancel the exams. If you can't make it, thats fine just sit a repeat in January for free. If you could make it, you get to sit the paper. And don't play the fairness card, you could be unlucky / lucky and sit a harder / easier paper at either time.

I also find it amazing that many of my friends claimed to be unable to make the exams, who live closer to UCD that I do, and are subsequently going out to town tonight. No wonder this country is F**ked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 mynameissarah

ironclaw wrote: »

In my opinion there was no justification to cancel the exams. If you can't make it, thats fine just sit a repeat in January for free. If you could make it, you get to sit the paper. And don't play the fairness card, you could be unlucky / lucky and sit a harder / easier paper at either time.

I wholeheartedly agree.

My new exam schedule means I miss FIVE classes during my first week back. Two lectures and three tutorials.
    Not a happy bunny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

I wholeheartedly agree.

My new exam schedule means I miss FIVE classes during my first week back. Two lectures and three tutorials.
    Not a happy bunny.
    How do you know your exam scheduale already?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mynameissarah

muffinz wrote: »

Check the UCD Registry FAQ on the postponed exams.

I had exams at 12 and 3 on the 22nd - they are now at 12 and 3 on the 18th of January. I'm supposed to have class from 10 through to 3. Yay for a great start to the last semester of final year.

/selfobsessedselfpityingrant

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

muffinz wrote: »

Was going to ask the same question :confused:

Anyway, its pretty unfair on those you haven't finished to have to miss term time. They should be the week before or give us an extra few days off in which to sit them. We didn't choose to have them cancelled so UCD can live with their choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

So when are we going to our exam results?

• Advertisement
Advertisement