Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barbers in Galway

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

If you are a true student you could get one of those self cutter yokes..save in the long run but make a ****e of your hair...what would a student want with hair anyway...

I go to the barbers by the old N17 Grocery store in Terryland..I'm not a student and it's 9 euro for me

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭mangled

Ah ya see i save on the razors because i have a beard;), just needs the odd trim.
    Is that around the back in the shopping centre as it likes to call it self?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

Lockstep wrote: »
    Shaven headed fellow? Think the place's name is Kozzy's. He's greatalright. 5 haircuts and get one free is also handy.

Yeah, that's the lad...was there again the other day. Pricey enough at €15 but he does a great job....didn't know about the loyalty thing...is that available in there? Have def. been to him at least 5 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

gandroid wrote: »
    Yeah, that's the lad...was there again the other day. Pricey enough at €15 but he does a great job....didn't know about the loyalty thing...is that available in there? Have def. been to him at least 5 times.

The also do a student discount. Costs me around €10 a pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭micko123

Took the advice of so many here and went to One Step Ahead today. Great cut and really nice guys. Thumbs up from me too!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Anyone seen cheaper than or equal to €8 around?
    I need my precious tresses trimmed

Have noticed recently that prices are coming down and advertised as such.
    €10 in Kozzys Market St., prominent signs in other barbers on main streets are also offering €10.

However, Terryland and Simons on Lower Fairhill are doing a dry cut for €8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭jacksprat

there's a place on dominick street (not sure if its upper or lower..??) down from monroes and across from the garage. he was doing haircuts there for E8 during the year, but only mon-thurs i think. i'm not even sure if that offer still applies as it was a newly opened barbers. worth a look though, decent haircut!

eh that's Simon on Lower Fairhill Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭JimiWonderDoor 92

snubbleste wrote: »
    There is one beside Terryland Fruit&Veg. Dunno what time it closes.
    I'm sure there are a few in Liosbán as well.

Since your good enough not to mention its name I will say I wasnt happy the last time I went there. Fringe was very uneven so had to cut it myself.

That was my first time there in years and never had problems before that though!

I have been going to Andy's on Prospect Hill.
    More known for women's, but they do a good job for men as well, trim beard etc.

Its 10e like a lot of the rest in Galway though, hard to believe you'll get a good job done in Dublin City Centre for a fiver, but I think prices gotta come down all round eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ydissac

<Using your first posts to promote a business isn't allowed, moderator>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

It's Fat Tony'sfor me..:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭sean555

one step ahead going there when willie was the barber , he was excellent and the 2 mikes and joe are just as good today

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I went to Turks barber on the Dublin road beside Centra a few days back.
    Nice relaxed service, 15 euro for a trim, took a few minutes longer for the cut than what I'm used to but that's all right too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Old thread I know, but having just used One Step Ahead today, they get my vote - sound lads and great at what they do!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

The Edge in the Eyre square centre, nice clean place, sound people, never had a bad cut off anyone working there always seem to hire competent people which is a great plus.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement