Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Central Heating broken for past 13 days (Fingal CC House)

Options
  • 21-12-2010 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

I have had no central heating for the past two weeks. First reported on the 8th. It is today 10 working days since I first reported this. It's been freezing cold in the house but the main front room has an open fire.
    Is it worth complaining about the problem or would I just be wasting my time.
    If anyone has any thoughts or email addresses I might actually get an answer from.
    Seems to be a case of it's been allocated and were still waiting...
    No communication regarding it from anyone even the contractors don't respond.
    Many thanks for reading.

Can a mod move this if required..thanks

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Contact Fingal CC (01 890 5000), and I'm sure they can pass you onto the right department, where I presume they will be able to update you

I suspect they have a lot on at present, but if you don't chase them up on something like this you will probably be looking forward to a cold Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

You could also try contacting your local councillors and ask them to chase it up for you. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭boomslang

Cheers Hill Billy

Contractor called to say they tried to get here but couldn't - now going to try first thing tomorrow to get here.

Fingers crossed!

Thanks for info all

Update:
    Contractors spent hours fixing it. Got it going only to discover the pipes were then frozen too. Not sure the garden is an ideal site for a boiler (least of all wood pellet)
    Today it is failing to light - yeah!
    Think I'll just shoot it.

I guess no heat over the weekend is looking a possibility now!

another update:

Still no central heating after 21 days

• Advertisement

Jesus! I'd be knocking down my local councillors' doors at this stage to get them to put pressure on whomever is responsible for such matters in FCC. That is totally unacceptable.

I think I will have to. After the guys fixed it it worked for about 10 hours then started giving error 12 - ignition failure.
    Are any councilors even working at this time?

Most of them publish their personal contact details on their websites. Check also the FCC site. Details should be there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

This is absolutley shameful on FCC's behalf. Are we really living in the 21st century.

@bcmf seems this is the century of disaster so far

I have been contacted on twitter by Allan Farrell who is going to chase this up.

I'll post an update as and when.

Happy new year all :)

• Advertisement

First working day back after the holidays tomorrow - I wonder if anyone will turn up to fix it?
    No contact from anyone since re-reporting it on 23rd Dec 2010

I have to say that this is shocking.

Fixed on Wednesday and it's still running!!!

Seems the hopper designcreates a v shape at the bottom where the auger feed hole is and over the two years we have been using it wood dust has built up impeading the feed system.

Bad design to be sure.

Hopefully heating will keep working!

great to hear you have your heating back.Keep the fire lit just in case eh!

fingers crossed I don't but have some briquettes and coal in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

boomslang wrote: »
    Fixed on Wednesday and it's still running!!!

Seems the hopper designcreates a v shape at the bottom where the auger feed hole is and over the two years we have been using it wood dust has built up impeading the feed system.

Bad design to be sure.

Hopefully heating will keep working!

good to know the cause of the problem. saving you calling out an engineer again.

another year and another set of break downs again....
    more error 12 - ignition failures
    today error 03 - overvoltage on the pellet thermostat

total hours this boiler has run since december 2008 when it was new is 1042 or just under 43.5 days

It was serviced 2 weeks before christmas and basically when it got cold just before christmas we got the usual error 12 - ignition failure
    New years eve a guy came from County Laois to fix it and got it running until last night where it seemed the flue fan ran continuously - error 03 - overvoltage on the pellet thermostat (until I turned it off at the fuse.)

There has to be a fundamental cause which I believe is on the curcuit board.
    I have sent a complaint directly to the fingall manager which of course has been passed to the housing department, this was before the current failure. Does anyone recommend any TD to contact? or any other avenue as it is clear the boiler is unfit for it's purpose in my view.

Cheers

edit: I emptied it and cleaned any dust incase - new years eve

boomslang wrote: »
    Does anyone recommend any TD to contact?

All of them...

But as this is an issue with the local authority, you'd be better approaching the County Councillors first.

I made a complaint direct to fingall coco who sent out someone. Now fixed - hopefully for longer than the normal couple of weeks lol

Advertisement