Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recent home email problem, old Eircom customer with Vodafone

Options
  • 21-12-2010 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭

Thanks for taking your time to read this, been with Vodafone abt 2 years and use Outlook Express
    Settings
    Been using my eircom email address for years
    Incoming mail server POP3
    Incoming mail (POP3) webmail.eircom.net
    Outgoing mail (SMTP) mail.vodafone.ie

This is the error I see when I try to logon using Outlook Express

The server responded with an error. Account: 'Charles ********', Server: 'webmail.eircom.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR ', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90

I am not getting any email since around Dec 1st, when I try to retrieve it I have an error, has anything changed recently or do I need to change a setting
    Thanks..............Charles

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Need to know is the setting for incoming mail (POP3) webmail.eircom.net please and has there been other changes for POP3 users recently
    Charles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Can you access the account via webmail in your browser? Mine is working fine via the iphone.

Browser is working fine with my PC, its Outlook Express that is the problem, it stopped receiving incoming mail from the Eircom server a few weeks back, gmail account works away, no response from Eircom to this post yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Try changing the incoming mail server to mail1.eircom.net

Thanks, tried mail1.eircom.net but to no avail, looking forward to the Eircom rep's reply to this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭eircom: Eleanor

bogman wrote: »
    Thanks, tried mail1.eircom.net but to no avail, looking forward to the Eircom rep's reply to this

Can you PM me your eircom account details today please, I need to refer your query to my colleagues in Eircom. Net

Thank You

Eleanor

Done, thanks for passing that on Eleanor ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mrsbouquet

I am having similiar problems since 1st December, I can send and receive through eircom only but I prefer microsoft outlook express and had been using this only up to 1st December for the past few years. I cannot send or receive through microsoft now for some reason. Has anyone any suggestions as to why this happened and any idea how to fix it please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

What version of outlook do you use? Express, 2003, 2007, 2010?

Depending on which one you have, the server addresses may need to be changed in your settings.

Using Outlook Express 6 and have changed nothing other than Incoming mail setting (POP3) Roast

• Advertisement

I am exactly the same Outlook Express 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭eircom: Eleanor

mrsbouquet wrote: »
    I am exactly the same Outlook Express 6

Hello, to everyone on this thread who is experiecning a problems accessing Outlook,

I have spoken to my colleague in Support, the best way to ensure that you can use Outlook is

Go to

http://support.eircom.net/search/?query=Outlooke+Express&kb=bb&source=searchbar&searchTab=supportsite

or tutorial

http://support.eircom.net/images/videoTutorial/set_up_email/setup_mail.html

Please be advised that the outgoing mail server needs to be the one your telphone provider is using.

Hope this helps

Eleanor

At least you tried Eleanor but my question has in no way been answered by the support team, can you try again and ask them these two simple questions

(1) Is the following following settings correct for Outlook Express 6 for for a non Eircom customer

(2)Does Eircom support POP3 using Outlook Express 6 for a non Eircom customer

At the moment the only way I can access my mail is from here

https://secure.eircom.net/email

Thanks Charles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

bogman wrote: »
    At least you tried Eleanor but my question has in no way been answered by the support team, can you try again and ask them these two simple questions

(1) Is the following following settings correct for Outlook Express 6 for for a non Eircom customer

(2)Does Eircom support POP3 using Outlook Express 6 for a non Eircom customer

At the moment the only way I can access my mail is from here

https://secure.eircom.net/email

Thanks Charles

Hi bogman,
    Thanks for contacting the eircom on boards Forum.
    Elle has passed your query on to me.
    If you could PM me your eircom email address, I can test your email account here using a 3rd party email client.

It won't matter if you’re a non-eircom customer at present.
    All our settings for email and for setting up on different email clients are on the following URL :http://bit.ly/gbzFhK

Let me know if you need further assistance and if so, please PM your email address.

Regards
    Ant

Thanks Ant, other than that I may have overlooked a setting

Under Tools/Accounts/my default account/properties/servers/account name
    Does this have to include @eircom.net
    Thanks...Charles

From the tutorial
    it is always the part before the '@' symbol of the e-mail address

Sorted Ant, took ur advice, not sure which the culprit was, Avast antivirus or Online armor, switched both off and it works, thanks a million for your help, will rectify later, interesting because my gmail account worked fine all along with Outlook

Settings as ever

Incoming webmail.eircom.net
    Outgoing mail.vodafone.ie

Charles

Thanks Ant or your help, I disabled my anti virus which is avast and the e mails came through, so I guess I either do this when I want to receive mail or change to another anti virus.
    Your help was much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

mrsbouquet wrote: »
    Thanks Ant or your help, I disabled my anti virus which is avast and the e mails came through, so I guess I either do this when I want to receive mail or change to another anti virus.
    Your help was much appreciated.

Hi mrsbouquet / bogman

Glad we (Ant) were able to help.:) I will pass on your thanks to him.
    Tony

Advertisement