Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old lady in town a few weeks ago?

Options
  • 21-12-2010 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

was in town a few weeks ago and was walkiing down one of the lanes off Grafton Street and there was an old Irish lady of about 80 years old begging on the streets, she had a good auld granny trolley with her. It was freezing out and felt so sorry for here with the cold. She was sitting on a step and had a small bucket for begging.

I told myself at the time she gets looked after and has some where to go at night, i gave her a bit of money. I think i have seen her speaking to the guards previously and they seemed to know who she is and keep an eye out on her.

anyways with the weather out there she has been playing on my mind. Does anyone know much about her if she is ok and gets looked after? I would hate to know she sleeps on some bench or something because if so society as a whole has lost it.

Anyways hope someone knows something about her. Or keep an eye out for her and get her a cup of tea if you see her.

Cheers,

Chris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

She's pretty regular in the area around Clarendon Street and Georges Arcade,usually out there most evenings looking for spare change from people smoking outside pubs etc.Anytime I've see her I and most people give her something,hope she has somewhere warm to go to this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

If its the woman that usually hangs around Clarendon St Church she has been around for over 20 years so I would say she has accomodation

Advertisement