Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BIG FREEZE thread!.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Lads anyone know how the south quays are moving?.

Particularly from Amiens St to Aston Quay.

Hey man, tune a radio to 103.2 there's a great traffic show on there every evening, extended to 8 these nights, it's excellent and informative, the legend presenting it gives alternate routes, journey times and everything.

also throws in some very good tunes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

How is town moving lads?..

Heading in from Dublin 13 around 7'ish.

Was in town an hour ago and traffic was moving grand in all directions.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭scifi77

A lot of traffic has left City centre since this evening and most offices are now closed for holidays, which accounts for the traffic reduction. Some of the shopping centres were chaotic today though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

There is a burst water main at the junction of Rathoat Road and Tolka Valley Road, at 8.30 tonight it was spilling water all over the road, when it freezes it will be a death trap.

Furthermore, as I was driving down Tolka Valley Road there was a Police car stopped with it's flashers on, I called the Garda down to the car to tell him about the water. He told me that he had just cleared two massive balls of snow off the road, put there by "kids" who had but the huge snowballs there to try to make people stop so they could pull them out of their cars.

I don't know what goes through these "people's" heads.

Taken from RTE:
    2100 AA Roadwatch is advising that particular care needed in Dublin city centre on Cork St, Camden St & Parkgate St. The South Quays are also very slippery.

There is also extremely heavy snow reported around Tallaght and visibility is very poor.

Probably will apply tomorrow morning too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

terenure is in an appaling state, snow on alexandra terrace is up to the handle on the car door. all of the side streets off the main road are inaccessable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Just spent the coldest night on a door in my entire life :(

And ya know when you've had a cold night when your snot freezes, I kid you not!.

Seen gritters on the south Quays three times this evening/morning but the roads are still deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Anyone know what the side roads around Rathmines are like? They were really slippy in the last freeze so haven't gone up there at all so far, but need to get over there today. Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Thaw seems to be underway at last..some lanes of the M50 are still pretty dodgy and a lot of roads in d13 and d11 are still very dangerous..in donaghmede some of the resedential roads are like glass.

• Advertisement
Advertisement