Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland and debt

Options
  • 21-12-2010 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi.

I graduated from college this year, and have an od, cc debts and a loan with BOI. I applyed for a consolidating loan, but was rejected, and am now faced with the near impossibility of keeping up with loan and cc repayments from abroad (I have moved to London and got a job).

The bank are being utterly unhelpful and I'm beginning to consider just tearing up my cards and ignoring them. I never plan to work or live in Ireland, so, although it's a rubbish thing to do, I'm considering just ignoring them.

Does anyone have any ways i could pay off this debt without a consolidating loan from BOI? No other banks do loans to service debt from other banks.

I'd much rather do this the right way, but the bank aren't helping me at all. Any ideas?

twee.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Credit union?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

If you can afford the repayments sadly the bank wont look at this. They probably wont consolidate the loans because your now living abroad. Even if you dont come back to Ireland the bank may come looking for the money through internal means or a collection agency.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

In fairness to the bank you are working full time and thus you should have the ability to service your debts so i can see their point. You got the money as you wanted and now you should be paying it back as per your agreed terms. You can hardly blame the bank seeing as you are working when many are not.

Why should they consolidate your lines of credit? We all know the banks havent been doing this for a while so you should have know this was most likely not happen.

You say you are considering tearing up the card. To be blantantly honest i am surprised you havent done this already if you are having issues meeting repayments.

See if your credit union will help if you are a member of one.

Advertisement