Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread in Bread

Options
  • 21-12-2010 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi,

I opened a slice pan of a well known brand of bread to find pieces of thread baked into the bread!

Had I not spotted it in time, I could have put thread in my mouth chewed on it and maybe even choked. I think this is a serious safety issue. I could go to the company with a complaint but I'd just get fobbed off with a few free loafs and the issue would be swept under the carpet.

Who should i report this to?

Do people still make bucks off this sort of thing?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I would definitely report it to the company in question. They will want to know if it was an isolated incident or if it is indicative of something more serious.

If interested in taking it further, then you should probably contact your local Environmental Health Officer. But if it was a one-off incident, they may not pay it too much heed.

You also have to realise that manufacturing plants cannot catch every single contaminant. The odd one will occasionally get through. It would be much more worrying if there was a consistent pattern of contamination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 ditchdigger

Dudara,

Thanks. I will contact the company and my local EHO.

I know it's not possible to catch everything but it isn't a pleasant surprise.

Ditchdigger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

They will probably ask you to send back thread for them to examine, only send a part or you will have no proof after that.

Advertisement