Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD hasn't cancelled all the exams

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Well i don't read any newspapers, I think with my own mind i prefer alternative news because its accurate, truthful and honest. There is no lies and cover ups.

I lol'd. You think the red-tops are the most reliable source of news out there? :pac:
    Why do you have to get so personal about UCD your defending it like its your mother or your own family? Chill out its only a university.

Well, believe it or not, if you come onto a forum for and about UCD spouting rubbish and asking people to confirm your biased 2nd hand opinions without even considering that they might not be *gasp* completely and objectively true, you're going to find a strong reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭nbrady20009

alois wrote: »
    troll troll troll troll troll

troll_feed2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Rii

Well i don't read any newspapers, I think with my own mind i prefer alternative news because its accurate, truthful and honest. There is no lies and cover ups. Why do you have to get so personal about UCD your defending it like its your mother or your own family? Chill out its only a university. The Times is a newspaper it's function is to publish articles they think interests most people for the purpose of it being sold. Newspapers are not about research they are about making a profit. The research and many of the stories that are published are not entirely truthful and accurate. Have you heard of wikiLeaks, see the truth always comes out in the end!

facepalm.gif But please, DO feed the troll - this is actually kind of amusing... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Well i don't read any newspapers, I think with my own mind i prefer alternative news because its accurate, truthful and honest. There is no lies and cover ups. Why do you have to get so personal about UCD your defending it like its your mother or your own family? Chill out its only a university. The Times is a newspaper it's function is to publish articles they think interests most people for the purpose of it being sold. Newspapers are not about research they are about making a profit. The research and many of the stories that are published are not entirely truthful and accurate. Have you heard of wikiLeaks, see the truth always comes out in the end!

I'm not defending it like it is a family member. I'll give about it when they deserve it. But you were talking illogical nonsense and it had to be pointed out.

So I should "Chill out its only a university", I'm not the one posting several threads about ridiculing a university that I don't even go to, that is you.

As for, "The research and many of the stories that are published are not entirely truthful and accurate". Well knock me down with a feather, next thing you will tell me that the wheel has been invented. I don't really need any tips from you on newspapers, I think I'll be OK there. Do they not deliver newspapers to the bridge you live under?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭RainbowRose81

I lol'd. You think the red-tops are the most reliable source of news out there? :pac:

Well, believe it or not, if you come onto a forum for and about UCD spouting rubbish and asking people to confirm your biased 2nd hand opinions without even considering that they might not be *gasp* completely and objectively true, you're going to find a strong reaction.

I don't read newspapers of any kind whether it's broadsheets or tabloids. Newspapers print many lies and cover ups how can you rely on that?
    Well i think you should get your priorities right. You should get out more, there really is more to life than UCD, you know.

• Advertisement

I don't read newspapers of any kind whether it's broadsheets or tabloids. Newspapers print many lies and cover ups how can you rely on that?
    Well i think you should get your priorities right. You should get out more, there really is more to life than UCD, you know.

You should really work for a newspaper like I do. Always good times making fun of people like you.

The intelligent mind is a well fed mind. You should read more newspapers from different perspectives and learn to decipher the truth from the b*ll*cks.

Same way that a happy troll is a well fed troll.

I don't

Ya see, I don't actually care all that much about UCD. It's my uni, I go there to learn etc, and it's a grand aul' place. I criticize it when I have need to. I praise it when I have need to. People are getting annoyed with you because you just strolled in here and basically said, "Hey lads, I don't even go to UCD so have no personal experience of it to draw on, but it's obviously shít. Amirite? *trollface " and now you're surprised people are laughing at how ridiculous you're being.

I'm not defending it like it is a family member. I'll give about it when they deserve it. But you were talking illogical nonsense and it had to be pointed out.

So I should "Chill out its only a university", I'm not the one posting several threads about ridiculing a university that I don't even go to, that is you.

As for, "The research and many of the stories that are published are not entirely truthful and accurate". Well knock me down with a feather, next thing you will tell me that the wheel has been invented. I don't really need any tips from you on newspapers, I think I'll be OK there. Do they not deliver newspapers to the bridge you live under?

Well i was only expressing my thoughts, feelings and opinions on it and people are taking it so personally. what do you mean by 'do they not deliver newspapers to the bridge you live under'? How could you say something like that suggesting i am a homeless person. How could you laugh and ridicule homeless people. its a very ignorant thing to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭deereidy

this thread title is kind of misleading because it might be making some people think that their exams are actually going ahead tomorrow

• Advertisement

Well i was only expressing my thoughts, feelings and opinions on it and people are taking it so personally. what do you mean by 'do they not deliver newspapers to the bridge you live under'? How could you say something like that suggesting i am a homeless person. How could you laugh and ridicule homeless people. its a very ignorant thing to say.

Haha nice one. Maybe I am a cruel, heartless Scrooge or maybe I am referring to something like this....

troll_bridge.jpg

I don't

Ya see, I don't actually care all that much about UCD. It's my uni, I go there to learn etc, and it's a grand aul' place. I criticize it when I have need to. I praise it when I have need to. People are getting annoyed with you because you just strolled in here and basically said, "Hey lads, I don't even go to UCD so have no personal experience of it to draw on, but it's obviously shít. Amirite? *trollface " and now you're surprised people are laughing at how ridiculous you're being.

Well you shouldn't call me troll face. How am i offending or insulting people. i know a good few people who went to university there and they don't like it i have been there a few times with them and they wern't good experiences. i thought this is a forum to discuss UCD and issues about it?

deereidy wrote: »
    this thread title is kind of misleading because it might be making some people think that their exams are actually going ahead tomorrow

+1 I initially thought I was about to hear from somebody who had an exam that was still going ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭deereidy

This has been a very funny fortnight in the life of the UCD forum. The amount of moaning, sensationalism, whinging and badmouthing of UCD has reached unparalleled levels.

Yeah, UCD is a pain in the behind..but it's MY pain in the behind ;)
    I'm sure we'll all look back at it fondly from our dead end jobs :P

Well you shouldn't call me troll face. How am i offending or insulting people. i know a good few people who went to university there and they don't like it i have been there a few times with them and they wern't good experiences. i thought this is a forum to discuss UCD and issues about it?

I didn't call ye a troll face. The * *s around the word troll face implied that ye had an expression like this at the time: 75378-TrollFace.png

Ah yes, but there's ways of bringing up topics for discussion. If you've heard rumours that the lecturers aren't very good (from biased sources, you must bear in mind), then you could start a thread asking, "What do people think of the lecturers in UCD? I have some friends who had bad experiences with lecturers they thought had closed minds and discouraged original thoughts. What do you all think?"

But you're obviously a smart lass who needs no instruction on how the internet, or indeed social convention, works from someone like me with no life who goes to UCD where the lecturers are crap and you've to pay for your own printing.

I didn't call ye a troll face. The * *s around the word troll face implied that ye had an expression like this at the time: 75378-TrollFace.png

Something like this perhaps:
    8432cb22fa97b9a041a7b8e3cb7c793d.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Well since you care so little about UCD, I guess you won't mind leaving and not coming back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement