Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man United v Sunderland dec 26 3pm

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Decent performance in what could have been a tricky fixture, we should have been out of sight at halt time i thought..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,469 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

not at home at the moment so can't post up the voting link. will do so a little later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I haven't read the whole thread sorry. Can I get the two goals online somewhere? I've tried to youtube it but am getting a 'This is blocked, but if you click on the link below...' and I'm reluctant to click on the link.

It's for my Man U mad 8yr old, thanks:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Fittle wrote: »
    I haven't read the whole thread sorry. Can I get the two goals online somewhere? I've tried to youtube it but am getting a 'This is blocked, but if you click on the link below...' and I'm reluctant to click on the link.

It's for my Man U mad 8yr old, thanks:D

http://www.101greatgoals.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

pretty much the same as every home game this year - job done, deserved to win, created alot of chances but werent spectacular. could really have ended the game after 20 minutes but we didnt. sunderland however never threatened.

on to tuesday now nani and fletcher should be back for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Ando is playing great stuff. Nice to have a straightforward win at the start of a difficult run of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Gibson has to come on in matches like this. Anderson needs to be rested whenever possible because he still isn't at a high enough fitness level for 90 minutes yet, let alone 90 minutes 4 times in 10 days. Gibson is just a body who can do an ok job, but it's become clear that he's not going to make it at United. He had a chance at it last year I think, and I was even beginning to think that he might make it, but he needed to push on, and he hasn't.

Anderson is becoming our most important player. He is the main creative drive from midfield, especially if Nani isn't playing. He carries the ball, drives the team forward, and can pick out some damm good passing, at a very quick tempo too. Perfect for United. If he can start to turn those chances into goals, and can improve his fitness, he really could be the future of the United midfield for years to come. For now though, I'll settle for his current form for the rest of the season with no injuries thanks very much :)

Rooney also looking very threatening. He seems to be slowly but surely getting back into form. His touch is still poor for him, but that's just game time, it'll come. Glad to see him getting assists, it's a pre cursor to him getting goals :) We'll need him at top form in the CL to have any chance, especially if Fergie is planning on him leading a 4-5-1. In current form, I think I'd play him on the left, Nani on the right, Berbatov up front wih the a middle three imo.

MotM voting link.

Open to all as always, just don't be a dick.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dE1CQzhqbjFHX1R1alNESUJ6TXZxRHc6MQ#gid=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

it's been some turnaround in Anderson.

i'm sure he was on the verge of being let go at some stage given his attitude, but he's come into the team with a bang, and could, potentially, single-handedly save Fergie spending lavishly on CM any time soon.

i was one who ridiculed him for sure.

it's still too early to shout about him from the roof tops, or for Archie's WPOTY bet to have a chance of coming in ;) but he's on the road to making Scholes retirement, whenever that is, a lot more comfortable.

bastard.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

If Fletcher was fit, there wouldn't even be room for Gibson on the bench. I hope Gibson is sold during the summer transfer window to make funds for a better player.

Berba and Ando are on flying form at the moment. Loved seeing Fergie have a chat and a laugh with Berba after taking him off. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

SlickRic wrote: »
    it's been some turnaround in Anderson.

i'm sure he was on the verge of being let go at some stage given his attitude, but he's come into the team with a bang, and could, potentially, single-handedly save Fergie spending lavishly on CM any time soon.

i was one who ridiculed him for sure.

it's still too early to shout about him from the roof tops, or for Archie's WPOTY bet to have a chance of coming in ;) but he's on the road to making Scholes retirement, whenever that is, a lot more comfortable.

bastard.

:D

I heard a few people hoping during the summer that he would take inspiration from Nani's turnaround at the end of last season and it seems he has for the last few games anyway and he's secured a new contract as well

I think his injury could have been the most timely injury to any player that I can think of. He was in a lot danger of being shipped off this summer but obviously no one would have taken him with his injury. It's given him time to think about his future and realise that if he wanted to he could break back into the first team and essentially become a starter for the next 6-7 years if he keeps up this progress. He is a fantastic player when he's in full flow. The speed that he links up play from the back to the front is incredible. Here's to hoping that he continues his upward progress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

mars bar wrote: »
    If Fletcher was fit, there wouldn't even be room for Gibson on the bench. I hope Gibson is sold during the summer transfer window to make funds for a better player.

Berba and Ando are on flying form at the moment. Loved seeing Fergie have a chat and a laugh with Berba after taking him off. :D
    Also enjoyed that, kinda rare to see that actually :confused: Usually it's a pat on the back at the most

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Dave! wrote: »
    Also enjoyed that, kinda rare to see that actually :confused: Usually it's a pat on the back at the most

That should put all of the "Fergie frustrated with Berba" crap to bed now anyway. League's top scorer and laughing and joking with the boss, it's all good. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Well done lads. A comfortable win for you which I'm sure was expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Lads what is the story with JOS? He seems to be back warming the bench these days.

Rafael is now first choice on the right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

NickDrake wrote: »
    Lads what is the story with JOS? He seems to be back warming the bench these days.

Rafael is now first choice on the right.
    Good thing too - while Johno has been a great servant, Rafael is the future, so he needs game-time. He's been doing great over the last few weeks. Hopefully JOSH gets a few games though.

I think Raf is, or should be, first choice RB now, but I also think O'Shea has been injured of late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Raf's been in great form for the last few weeks, dropping him now just because someone is older and more experienced would dent his confidence. This way, he knows playing well gets him a place on the team, regardless of who he's keeping out.

That said, we'll probably see more of JOSH over the next few weeks as the games come thick and fast.

Man of the Match Voting results for the Sunderland game.

Overall and United fan Man of the Match.

1. Anderson.
    2. Berbatov
    3. Giggs.

Non-United fan Man of the Match

1. Anderson and Berbatov.
    2. Giggs.

Advertisement