Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cake Box - Galway

Options
  • 21-12-2010 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Where could I get cake boxes in Galway? Only place I can think of is Anthony Ryans and will call them after work. I have three 8" round Christmas cakes that are going to Mayo on Friday.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

If Ryan's Homestore do have them they will overcharge for them, go to any bakery and ask can you buy some, they'll normally sell you a few with no hassle and nice and cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Thanks for that, I know they are such a ripoff. Will try that tomorrow :D

What size should I be getting for 8"?

Go by what size board it's on, so if it's a 9 inch board a 9 or 10 inch box would fit it, most places would have 8 or 10 though I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Spadina wrote: »
    Go by what size board it's on, so if it's a 9 inch board a 9 or 10 inch box would fit it, most places would have 8 or 10 though I would say.

You're a legend, thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Might be a bit late, but medows and byrne are doing the PMF cake box and board combos in a range of sizes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

Tillygirl, did you get sorted with a few cake boxes in the end? Just curious as to whether bakeries were fine about selling you a few - if they were, I might go looking for some cupcake boxes from them :)

buzz55 not too many bakeries have cupcakes boxes, unless they specifically sell boxes of them which many of them don't, most of them just feck them in a bag -a testament to how hard and gross their icing is- or put them into a small cake box.

I find that bakeries will sell you one or two, but not a lot of them, well, I've never asked for a lot but they get people baking something as a gift for someone and stuff the whole time who wouldn't ever need to order a lot and so they just charge maybe 50c to €1 for a once off.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭MandyM

buzz55 wrote: »
    Tillygirl, did you get sorted with a few cake boxes in the end? Just curious as to whether bakeries were fine about selling you a few - if they were, I might go looking for some cupcake boxes from them :)

Slightly off topic, but anyway.
    I order my cupcake boxes from Cake Craft Shop. Even with shipping they're a very reasonable price, and the selection of different cupcake boxes are great. They take about 3 days to arrive.

On topic, the best priced cake boxes I've found are also online at Cake Stuff. Also about 3 days to arrive.

Both are UK companies which I do find a bit sad, I'd much rather buy these things locally but I just can't stomach the high prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭proulx

Hi
    I was in tk maxx in Galway last week and they had both cupcake and cake boxes. Cannot remember the price but I remember thinking they were a wee bit pricey

MandyM wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, but anyway.
    I order my cupcake boxes from Cake Craft Shop. Even with shipping they're a very reasonable price, and the selection of different cupcake boxes are great. They take about 3 days to arrive.

That's quite expensive for cupcake boxes, that's over €2 a box once converted and add delivery? That's adding about 50c to the price of each cupcake, which is a significant amount to add to something that normally costs about €2.

For example I got boxes that hold 12 cupcakes with inserts for €1 from an Irish company, they aren't stocking them at the moment but that was a much better price. The boxes I use for 4/5 cupcakes are actually very small cake boxes, that work out at about 12c each.

• Advertisement

For example I got boxes that hold 12 cupcakes with inserts for €1 from an Irish company, they aren't stocking them at the moment but that was a much better price. The boxes I use for 4/5 cupcakes are actually very small cake boxes, that work out at about 12c each.

I had been looking for a local cupcake box supplier, but gave up and resigned to just ordering them online. Would you mind PM'ing me the details of the company you get them from? I'm mostly interested in 12 cupcake capacity boxes, I bring cupcake to work every so often so need bigger boxes.

Would really appreciate their details! :)

MandyM wrote: »
    I had been looking for a local cupcake box supplier, but gave up and resigned to just ordering them online. Would you mind PM'ing me the details of the company you get them from? I'm mostly interested in 12 cupcake capacity boxes, I bring cupcake to work every so often so need bigger boxes.

Would really appreciate their details! :)

Sorry as I said they're not stocking them at the moment, they had problems with the supplier, but it was Barry Packaging in Tralee, we're hoping the more people that enquire about them the more hope there is of them looking for a new stockist so give them a call.

Sorry as I said they're not stocking them at the moment, they had problems with the supplier, but it was Barry Packaging in Tralee, we're hoping the more people that enquire about them the more hope there is of them looking for a new stockist so give them a call.

Thanks! I'll give them a call and see if it helps push them to getting stock again :)

Advertisement