Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garmin map query

Options
  • 21-12-2010 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭

Hi, anyone know what the latest map version of uk & ireland is.
    i have 2011.37 on a nuvi. just wondering is this the latest. it has the M6 athlone to galway on it
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Just thought I'd bump this, as I'm interested in the same thing.

My dad got a new Satnav (Garmin 1310), and apparently we can register for new maps, but only within 60 days of first using it. When were the latest maps released, or are there any new map updates due for release shortly?

*I think* the version that is currently loaded is City Navigator NT 2011.1, but the M6 only goes as far as Ballinasloe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭jjd

i just got a nuvi 1300 and let it update from the garmin website and as of today the version it updated to is 2011.32

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

just checked mine again and the version is indeed 2011.32
    Sorry for the typo in original post.

new stretch of the M6 is mapped all the way from Athlone to Galway

...happy new year to all

Anyone else using this
    http://turboccc.wikispaces.com/Extra_POI_Editor
    seems like a handy little utility

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Updated the 1310 today - it updated to 2011.32 (From 2011.10). It has the full M6

but...

The N1/A1 junction at Newry isn't on it (it's marked as a roundabout, whereas now you have to turn off the A1 to get to the roundabout). I drove by Kells last summer and there was a bypass so we didn't actually need to go into Kells - which isn't marked on the maps either.

Interestingly, if you go to www.navteq.com and sample the map there (on the main page) the junction is actually up to date at Newry!

Apart from that, I'm happy! Thanks for the help :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

jjd wrote: »
    i just got a nuvi 1300 and let it update from the garmin website and as of today the version it updated to is 2011.32

How long did the update take. started mine about 14:00hrs today, still downloading with 20 minutes to go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

How long did the update take. started mine about 14:00hrs today, still downloading with 20 minutes to go...

Map updates can take a while, they are large and the server is slow ~ but nothing like what you've described. I took in an update yesterday in 12 minutes.

Also found the update service to be painfully slow
    but i am using 02 weakband so thats absolute Sh1te even on a good day
    but i must say very dissapointed with the fact that you cant download routes to the 1300 a big pain in the a*** would never have bought it had i known this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

jjd wrote: »
    but i must say very dissapointed with the fact that you cant download routes to the 1300 a big pain in the a*** would never have bought it had i known this

Had I known, I can empathise with this, but Garmin do have a product compare site and whilst their site is a bit of a struggle, the compare feature works well.

The 1300 has no route capability ~ Garmin have some 20 models and it seems they all have one or two features missing [leaving aside the map confusion].

I bought the 1490T for the ten route feature ~ but in the shop, as they did not have the stocks of 1490Ts, I was almost sold something else. But I stuck to my guns as the route feature and especially multi route was a priority for me.

Advertisement