Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mario Balotelli

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Interesting to see The Fonz there for Villa guess he is still only 19 and was very highly rated (still is im sure). tbh though I'm more of a fan of Albrighton but i guess at 21 he's old for this list. Seems to be only one player from ever side in that list, wonder is only the highest rated young player at the club considerd for the list so the overall order may not actually be meant as an indication of best apart from the top few as some clubs could have a few exceptional yooungsters.

side question looking at his name on the list, is Bojan likely to be on the move? might not be getting too much time at Barca considering the talent they have available to them.

edit: scrath that just noticed a few teams have more than one but they arent always who youd expect.

There was talk of that but he has just signed a new contract until 2015 thank christ.
    André - Dinamo Kiev
    Mario Balotelli - Manchester City
    Bebé - Manchester United
    Yacine Brahimi - Stade Rennes
    Sergio Canales - Real Madrid
    Diego Contento - Bayern München
    Philippe Coutinho - Internazionale
    David de Gea - Atlético Madrid
    Luuk de Jong - FC Twente
    Nathan Delfouneso - Aston Villa
    Mattia Destro – Genoa
    Douglas Costa - Shakhtar Donetsk
    Alan Dzagoev - CSKA Moskou
    Christian Eriksen – Ajax
    Mario Gotze - Borussia Dortmund
    Eden Hazard - Lille OSC
    Abel Hernandez - Palermo
    Gaël Kakuta - Chelsea
    Bojan Krkic - FC Barcelona
    Toni Kroos - Bayern München
    Adem Ljajic - Fiorentina
    Romelu Lukaku - Anderlecht
    Federico Macheda - Manchester United
    Joël Matip - Schalke 04
    Fran Mérida - Atlético Madrid
    Ezequiel Muñoz - Palermo
    Musacchio - Villareal
    Yann M'Vila - Rennes
    Sotirios Ninis - Panathinaikos
    Dani Pacheco - Liverpool
    Marcus Pedersen - Vitesse
    Miralem Pjanic - Olympique Lyon
    Rafael - Manchester United
    Gastón Ramírez - Bologna
    Riviere - Saint Etienne
    James Rodríguez - FC Porto
    Mamadou Sakho - Paris Saint-Germain
    Eduardo Salvio - Benfica
    André Schürrle - FSV Mainz
    Jack Wilshere - Arsenal

There is a lot of good players on that list, of the ones i've seen the highlighted will all be top top players in the next few season.

It is pretty hard to pick a top player at this age too as some of them don't get to play every week. I'd probably give it to De Gea, what a brilliant keeper for his age.

Balotelli's comments won't win him many fans either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Lukaku is going to be an absolute star! I possibly would have given it to him, so important to Anderlecht despite only going 17 this year! But i suppose he is very young and will probably win it before he's done!

Glad to see Balo win it! As Arch say's he may be a cúnt, but he's OUR cúnt!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

He'll fit in well at his current club - thinks he's world class but has done sod all yet:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

He'll fit in well at his current club - thinks he's world class but has done sod all yet:rolleyes:

3 Serie A titles and a Champions league medal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

MOG7 wrote: »
    There was talk of that but he has just signed a new contract until 2015 thank christ.

There is a lot of good players on that list, of the ones i've seen the highlighted will all be top top players in the next few season.

It is pretty hard to pick a top player at this age too as some of them don't get to play every week. I'd probably give it to De Gea, what a brilliant keeper for his age.

Balotelli's comments won't win him many fans either.

Don't discount Schurrle, he's bloody brilliant. As for Balotelli, love the guy and especially his hat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Picture-9.png

/thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭kippy

karma_ wrote: »
    3 Serie A titles and a Champions league medal.

Do you want to go into the amount of really really ****e players that have similiar/better medal hauls but have never graced the player/young player of the season awards......

Look, think its a joke award to a joke player.
    This guy is way way more trouble than he is worth to any club but clubs will continue to lavish him with wads of cash, increasing his self worth.
    Its not too late for the guy to cop on, but I personally think he has the wrong people around him and a serious attitude problem.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

kippy wrote: »
    Do you want to go into the amount of really really ****e players that have similiar/better medal hauls but have never graced the player/young player of the season awards......

Go on, name one more player who played 86 games and scored 20 goals in a top league between the ages of 17 and 19, winning 3 league medals and a european cup.

Good luck on that one boss.
    Look, think its a joke award to a joke player.
    This guy is way way more trouble than he is worth to any club

All I can say to that is L-O-Fecking-L.

Don't discount Schurrle, he's bloody brilliant. As for Balotelli, love the guy and especially his hat

I must keep an eye out for hi, the names i didn't mention is because i simply haven't seen them play or not enough to judge. Holty be is one for Mainz who has impressed me the odd time i've seen them, i'll keep an eye out for Schurrle next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Seaneh wrote: »
    Go on, name one more player who played 86 games and scored 20 goals in a top league between the ages of 17 and 19, winning 3 league medals and a european cup.

Messi off the top of my head, but thats a totally different league.
    I suspect there are a few more as well but cant be arsed trying to come up with them.
    The initial stipulation was 3 league medals, one CL.

Messi off the top of my head, but thats a totally different league.
    I suspect there are a few more as well but cant be arsed trying to come up with them.
    The initial stipulation was 3 league medals, one CL.

Nope. Messi had 70 appearances in is first 3 seasons, he did score more goals ( 26) but he only played 13 champions league matches, where as Balotelli played 14 champions league matches by then. Including 8 in the season inter won it (Messi only played 6 in the 05/06 season, when Barca won it).

The stats are similar though, would would lead one to believe that Balotelli is just as good in the years 17-19 as Messi was. Also, if he scores 8 more league goals he will match Messi's total for his 4th season at Barca.

But, sure, he's ****. A joke of a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

But Seaneh, don't you think his mentality will be his undoing and stop him reaching the top?

JPA wrote: »
    But Seaneh, don't you think his mentality will be his undoing and stop him reaching the top?

Nope.
    He's not seen out partying, he doesn't refuse to train. He's obviously on a different planet to most people, but so what, a lot of footballer before him were absolute head the balls and managed to have great careers.

For that amount of goals off the top of my head, Fernando Torres, about the same age when he was banging in goals for Athletico, he was also named captain of the side at only 19, this was also when Athletico were a mid-table side in La Liga. Compared to Balotelli who during his seasons at Inter were probably the Serie A's poorest standard in a long time. He is a very good player, no doubt, but i still think, as has been said he is more trouble than he is worth. His comment about Wilshere might have been a bit of a joke but it also shows a lot of immaturity and a lack of respect towards his fellow pros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Nope.
    He's not seen out partying, he doesn't refuse to train. He's obviously on a different planet to most people, but so what, a lot of footballer before him were absolute head the balls and managed to have great careers.

He's a completely immature little whinge bag who only plays properly when he wants to.

I think he has the potential to be a start, but he needs to get his head right before he's mentioned in the same sentence as Messi. And I don't even like Messi!

• Advertisement

Nope.

I'm not talking about arrogance or anything, I'm talking about tantrums on the field and his ability to get red cards.

Torres had less games and slightly more goals at that age.

That's neither here nor there.
    There are NO players whit that record who go on to become "joke players".

The only two listed so far are world class!

baz2009 wrote: »
    He's a completely immature little whinge bag who only plays properly when he wants to.

I think he has the potential to be a start, but he needs to get his head right before he's mentioned in the same sentence as Messi. And I don't even like Messi!

You don't like Messi? You should mention that from time to time...

JPA wrote: »
    You don't like Messi? You should mention that from time to time...

Yeah I don't mention it enough, tbh.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

The chap is a nutter, but he is very talented and has the potential to become a star which I really do think he will become.

Plus he owns the coolest hat ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,469 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Torres had less games and slightly more goals at that age.

That's neither here nor there.
    There are NO players whit that record who go on to become "joke players".

The only two listed so far are world class!

Emile Heskey.

Premiership 96-98 (ages 18-20)

70 appearances. 20 goals.

Francis Jeffers.

Time with Everton: 98-01 (17-20)

50 Appearances. 18 goals.

And they won how many league titles and european cups?

I know it's not a top league but Lukaku 15-17 for Anderlecht 52 apps and 24 goals!... Between the ages 15 and 17! I think this guy is going to be the ****!!

And they won how many league titles and european cups?

You mean the team of superstars they were in, in a league that had its biggest teams prior to their arrival ripped apart by match fixing scandals? Nothing.

I don't care what a team has won when it comes to discussing the talents and abilities of a player.

George Best (and many other players) won nothing at International level, never even played in the WC... must have been a terrible player cause he doesn't have international achievements on his CV. Fabregas must be crap - never been a key member of a side that has won big trophies. Jonny Greening must be better than Fabregas, he has a CL medal. O'Shea must be one of the best players ever - just look at the amount of league titles and Cup winner medals he has.

Jeffers and Heskey have a similar scoring record to Baloteli in a top league at the same ages - and didn't go on to be world beaters. Hell, their scoring records were in teams that were not dicking all over the leagues they were playing in so I would say their scoring record is more impressive than Baloteli's.

(for the record, I think he has fantastic potential and can be one of the best in the world)

I know it's not a top league but Lukaku 15-17 for Anderlecht 52 apps and 24 goals!... Between the ages 15 and 17! I think this guy is going to be the ****!!

:rolleyes:Oh Johnny.... how silly of you - he hasn't got a CL winner medal so he can't be that talented.:rolleyes:

You mean the team of superstars they were in, in a league that had its biggest teams prior to their arrival ripped apart by match fixing scandals? Nothing.

I don't care what a team has won when it comes to discussing the talents and abilities of a player.

George Best (and many other players) won nothing at International level, never even played in the WC... must have been a terrible player cause he doesn't have international achievements on his CV. Fabregas must be crap - never been a key member of a side that has won big trophies. Jonny Greening must be better than Fabregas, he has a CL medal. O'Shea must be one of the best players ever - just look at the amount of league titles and Cup winner medals he has.

Jeffers and Heskey have a similar scoring record to Baloteli in a top league at the same ages - and didn't go on to be world beaters. Hell, their scoring records were in teams that were not dicking all over the leagues they were playing in so I would say their scoring record is more impressive than Baloteli's.

(for the record, I think he has fantastic potential and can be one of the best in the world)

There is a massive difference between two players who were starting for mid/lower table teams and players who force their way into the first team of one of the bets clubs in Europe at the age of 17/18/19.

Messi, Pato, Balotelli, Fabregas, Rooney, those are the types of players who I am talking about.

Heskey and Jeffers, fannying about in a mid table team, are not on the same level. Trying to say it's harder to get game time at a worse club is retarded!

:rolleyes:Oh Johnny.... how silly of you - he hasn't got a CL winner medal so he can't be that talented.:rolleyes:

What was i thinking!!:confused: Comment revoked!

:D

There is a massive difference between two players who were starting for mid/lower table teams and players who force their way into the first team of one of the bets clubs in Europe at the age of 17/18/19.

Messi, Pato, Balotelli, Fabregas, Rooney, those are the types of players who I am talking about.

Heskey and Jeffers, fannying about in a mid table team, are not on the same level. Trying to say it's harder to get game time at a worse club is retarded!

It'd be harder to score that many goals for a mid-table team than it would for a title-challenging team, obviously enough.
    Maybe you should comprehend posts properly before you go calling them retarded.

I've said it a few times already that I think he will be a monster. He has all the physical attributes and seems to be pretty good with his feet too. Still a lot of developing in him, but he should be a star.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Thankfully he'll be back in Italy before the end of the summer and we won't have to listen to much of him anymore.

• Advertisement

It'd be harder to score that many goals for a mid-table team than it would for a title-challenging team, obviously enough.
    Maybe you should comprehend posts properly before you go calling them retarded.

It's also easier to get game time at a lower/mid table team, which was my point.
    As for it being easier to score at a bigger club, thats not always true. Some players thrive at a small club where they are the focal point of an attack but don't tend to do well at big clubs where they are expected to contribute more than just goals.

James Beatie, Darren Bent, Kevin Philips, Sergio Pellissier, Cristiano Lucarelli, Daniel Guiza, Dijbril Cisse... I could go on. All score bag loads when they are at small clubs but don't cut the mustard when on the big stage.

I've said it a few times already that I think he will be a monster. He has all the physical attributes and seems to be pretty good with his feet too. Still a lot of developing in him, but he should be a star.

Ye he strikes me as one of those guys that is a serious Raw talent! He's messy and clumsy but he's just so powerful he gets away with it at times! If he tightens up his game and enhances his game physicaly(which will clearly come with age) he is going to be a serious monster! And there is NO better word than monster! He's a freaking oxe at 17!!!

Emile Heskey.

Premiership 96-98 (ages 18-20)

70 appearances. 20 goals.

Francis Jeffers.

Time with Everton: 98-01 (17-20)

50 Appearances. 18 goals.

Proven wrong there.

IMO, it'd be easier to score a goal when you have some of the best players in the league supplying passes to you as a striker.

Ye he strikes me as one of those guys that is a serious Raw talent! He's messy and clumsy but he's just so powerful he gets away with it at times! If he tightens up his game and enhances his game physicaly(which will clearly come with age) he is going to be a serious monster! And there is NO better word than monster! He's a freaking oxe at 17!!!

And he is class in FIFA11.:P

And a Football Manger ledge while we're at it!!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

And a Football Manger ledge while we're at it!!:pac:

He's also got cracking potential in the master league in PES.

The Holy Trinity :eek:

Tom_Brady wrote: »

If he's not a Ballon d'Or contendr in two seasons then I give up.:pac:

Tom_Brady wrote: »

Wait, isn't that like the curse of all curses?
    Paging Cherno Samba to stardom, paging Cherno Samba...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well Neymar is the best player in the World under 21 imo. But he is not in Europe or from Europe so he wouldn't be eligible for this thing.

Yann M'Vila is a defensive midfielder and I imagine they don't like to give it to players like that.

Alan Dzagoev or Christian Eriksen would be my choices given that they pick attacking footballers.

• Advertisement

Wait, isn't that like the curse of all curses?
    Paging Cherno Samba to stardom, paging Cherno Samba...

TBF i always felt Cherno Samba was only an FM ledge very few aquire "The Holy Trinity" at such a young age!

But my word was Samba unbelievable in FM!!!

TBF i always felt Cherno Samba was only an FM ledge very few aquire "The Holy Trinity" at such a young age!

But my word was Samba unbelievable in FM!!!

By all accounts he could have been amazing, was physically exactly what you'd want, his under age records will probably never be broken. If he was let leave Millwall at 16 when all and sundry were trying to sign him he could have been great but 3 years in league 2 stunted his development and when he was finally let leave at 19 it was too late. Playing second division in Greece now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

All that happened there was they got him mixed up with the Congolese footballer Chris Samba who is around the same age and is a top class centre back for Blackburn Rovers.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Balotelli looks a very good player, but because of his temperament I don't think he'll ever reach his full potential. He's still young though, so he has plenty of time to cop on to himself!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Lukaku will go the way of Nii Lamptey IMO. I wouldn't wish it on him for the world but I'd be surpised if anyone remembers him in five years.

Lukaku will go the way of Nii Lamptey IMO. I wouldn't wish it on him for the world but I'd be surpised if anyone remembers him in five years.

I don't think he will, Lukaku is an absolute beast and is already being tempted by some of the biggest clubs in Europe!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

L'prof wrote: »
    I don't think he will, Lukaku is an absolute beast and is already being tempted by some of the biggest clubs in Europe!

I have to say I don't watch Belgian football and have never seen him play live but I'll see you in 2015 for a hat-eating contest.

I have to say I don't watch Belgian football and have never seen him play live but I'll see you in 2015 for a hat-eating contest.

So you're basing your assumption on the fact that they're both of African descent and both started their careers at Anderlecht?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

This guy is a slightly more talented version of el diouf

I had to LOL quite loud when he said only Messi was the best player in the world than him right now

serious, what is he on....clubs who pay obscene wages to guys like this are to blame for the state of the game now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

De Gea - A.Madrid would have got my vote, fine keeper and future Spanish number 1.

Edit : Although saying that Balotelli is a special player, he has all the ability and technique to be a top qaulity player. Attitude aside, he has it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Dani Pacheco should've won, he is going to be some player in the future

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement