Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open tray error

• 21-12-2010 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

I'v been trying to play COD MWF2 on the xbox and it doesnt seem to work... I put in the disk and it says its reading but then shortly after it stops and says open tray... I'v been looking this up and there is a few videos on it and they say to give the xbox a few strong bangs above the tray... Dont really want o try this as i'm only after getting the xbox

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 overthebar1

ok now it seems to be reading it but when it goes to play it says the disc is unreadable and to take it out and clean it.... its not the game because i'v tried another game and the same thing happens.... these are the first 2 games i'v tried to play on the xbox and neither work on it.... ffs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭Chloroplast

yes, this happened to me, from playing the game from the disc all the time. it basically ruins the disc making it unusable,

then i discovered that you can install the game on to the xbox HD and then play it from that. you just need to put the disc in the tray then to verify it. when you play this way you will notice your xbox will be a lot quieter when gaming too.

so try installing the game on to your HD.and see how it goes.

but how can i do that if the game wont load up in the first place?
    thanks for your help

well that is strange indeed. it could be anything, like a dodgy lense, tray, the disc is too damaged.

is the disc and xbox new ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Got this on my old 360 with certain games, it said it was a 360 game and to put it in a 360 (WTF??) Probably the disc could be damaged, try other games. If it persists then your lens could be bolloxed, otherwise its the CoD disc.

• Advertisement

both 2nd hand :(

could i really be that unlucky? :(

it might be a bit late to give you this advise, but, NEVER buy 2nd hand consoles!

my opinion is they are only selling them for the reason that they are indeed bolloxed.

im sure theres plenty of legit sellers out there, but as a golden rule, always buy new. i mean if you had that prob then, you could just bring it back, coz it would be under warranty,

it probably either the lenses or the disc.

i know i probably shouldn have bought second hand but cash isn't floating around me too often..
    Ok i have managed to get to a certain stage where the message for "disc can not be read" shows up. Then i was able to go back and find the option to install the game so am trying that now and it is in the middle of it so pray that it works!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

if you are in Dublin pm me and I can sort you out with new drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Did you buy it from gamestop? Return it right away if so.

• Advertisement

Not in Dublin man thanks anyway tho.

Funny thing about it, I eventually got it to work after endless time retrying it and restarting my xbox... wtf?? I was playing for hours without a problem! Hope it works when I try next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭the varg

Had that problem, along with probably every other problem you can have with the xbox...you can try getting a cd lens cleaner...that solved my problem one time...failing that your xbox maybe banjo'd and you can kiss it goodbye for 2-4 weeks whilst it's in for repair..you get used to that owning an xbox:mad:

Advertisement