Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kids acting like animals when snow falls ......

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

It depends on the kids. Some are a bit more responsible than others. Some will never throw snowballs at people or cars, or at the front of large vehicles. They'll go for the sides of buses and trucks. Those kinds of kids aren't too bad. I live in the suburbs, not far from a terminus, so I remember that when the buses came out of town, the sides of them used to be pelted by snowballs on their journey and you could see the evidence. If some of you remember the really old buses with the entrance at the back, kids had fun with them. The conductor often stood there. Kids would have a shot at him and because the bus would be moving, there was nothing he could do about it.

Most kids are ok, and are just having a bit of harmless fun. It is the real thugs who don't give a damn about who or what they shoot at that are the problem. Unfortunately there are a lot of them around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

The way people are talking about some of these kids is hilarious, as if they're the scummiest of people on earth. I'm not condoning anything they've done but Irish kids are normally pretty good compared to other countries.

Do we have the teenage and early twenties gang culture of USA? No.
    Do we have teenagers out causing millions in damages due to riots like France? No
    Do we have kids running around knifing the **** out of eachother like in England? No.

Could be a lot worse than snowballs lads, and I will agree to most of them backing down once challenged.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Haven't had any issues myself with kids and the snow. I did however get lobbed a snowball by a guy about 20 years old. Threw it at my back, with a group of other guys, and I was on my own. Cheers lads. Don't worry though, I gave him a verbal bollicking ;)

It's not ALL kids. It's the ones who would be causing havoc anyway, even if there wasn't snow. Now they just have some extra ammunition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

So is it a case that we have a clan of grown up cowards on boards?

I was in town several times during the snow, driving, walking and sometimes jogging to get somewhere. Would you believe groups of adults were also engaging in this animal like behaviour? I know I might be a bit easy, even though they did hit my car with them but I put it down to people just having a laugh.

Maybe some of you should try have fun for once in your lives. Not that i agree with hitting cars but it's not as if they put my window through or marked the paint work. Build a bridge and get over it drama queens.

Advertisement