Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Lusk "Snowed In"?

Options
  • 21-12-2010 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭

The old fella is telling me they're "snowed in" but they live in the old end of Orlynn Park and haven't really been snowed in since 1981 or 1982 (can't remember which as I was only small but they still go on about it).

So my question is the snow that bad in Lusk? Or is he just pretending he isn't picking me up from the ferry port and I may have to go to the "in-laws".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The roads around are fairly treacherous, but vehicles are getting through. It may be that he's being sensible & not undertaking an unnecessary journey (well from his POV ;)).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

snows melting and it's +2 deg in Dun Emer right now.

Drove from the station home at 7 and it was grand. there was a jcb ploughing the Ministers road then too, and doing a good job too, black roads and no slush left.

the road in from the station had been ploughed both ways then too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

Definitely doable.
    My parents are in Orlynn Park (bet I know you!), and have been out to work the last couple of days. I'm heading for Swords myself today, and will be stopping off to pick up my siblings to bring them with me.
    It's not snowed in, but he may be just being cautious.To be honest, the roads aren't the worst, it's the bloody traffic that's the problem.A journey of 30 mins now takes about an hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭daithi2011

Im on the Ashbourne road and cant get onto the main road. But the cars on the main road are only going about 5mph. I hasnt been treated at all. So if you can get onto the road its usable. Just. About 10 inches of snow here. Every other day before today was grand though. A friend in Lusk says they got a similar amount of snow, but he is yet to try to drive today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

The main roads are fine but the estates are lethal and (O.P) they might be aw well stayig in. Some areas are totally inaccesable at the moment.

That big snow was 1982 and it lasted less than a week but I remember the chaos. But what we have now is far worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Lusk is unreal, I walked down through the village today and almost did myself an injury 3 times. Those roads ice over so quickly.. its unreal.
    And to think, this evening it looked like it was beginning to clear up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

There is what I would call a metric buttload of Snow. Ive never seen so much.
    Yesterday evening/last night was a complete nightmare with black ice on the R132 and the Dublin road.

Having said that it is driveable this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭nosnagaoithe

The hill outside the Top Shop was catching lots of people yest evening as it was like glass - got stuck myself. Had to drive Lusk to Artane last night and it was v dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

The hill outside the Top Shop was catching lots of people yest evening as it was like glass - got stuck myself. Had to drive Lusk to Artane last night and it was v dodgy.

What hill?? Had you just come out of the top shop by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

eh i dunno wrote: »

Maybe talking about the speed ramp before the health centre?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

There has been a water leak there for at least six months. The cars splash the water - the water freezes then repeat times a couple of hundred cars and it gets pretty slippy.

one of the reasons for the water shortage I'd guess as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Thanks for all the replies he made it out in the end, it is pretty bad around here so staying put for the next few days hope they have enough food :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Now coming from Rush and stopping at the junction outside Murrays and then attemting to head for Skerries is tricky this evening. Wheelspins all the way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭nosnagaoithe

eh i dunno wrote: »

Ok the incline further up the town - starts outside the new chippy, papa gigios or whatever u call it....happy now I hope :rolleyes:

Advertisement