Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-alcoholic Beer etc.

Options
  • 21-12-2010 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Hello , just wondering how easy is it to get non-alcoholic beer in offlisences or supermarkets in cork ... I'm 17 and am happy to say that I haven' tdrank a drop.. but over x-mas i was thinking that maybe a few non-alcoholic beers might be a nice change from the usual ginger ale.... Are they expensive and are they available to all those under 18 years of age ??
    Thank you .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Not an expert myself (thankfully!) but in my experience Becks Non Alcoholic probably the nicest i've tasted and usually easy to buy in bottles anywhere, surely no problem to buy for a 17 year old, they do contain a trace of alcohol, think usually 0.3% or so but cant imagine you have to be overage for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

and that post makes it 40-39 to me by the way ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

They aren't available to those under 18 as the teeny amount of alcohol counts. They cost around the same as ordinary beer.

Imo, Becks Blue(non-alcoholic) is mank. Erdinger do a non-alcoholic wheat beer which might worth checking out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 steeevo93

OH.. so even though it says there alcoholic there's still some alcohol in them ??? I didn't know that ..are there any that are completly alcohol free .??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

steeevo93 wrote: »
    OH.. so even though it says there alcoholic there's still some alcohol in them ??? I didn't know that ..are there any that are completly alcohol free .??

A lot of fizzy fruit drinks have alcohol in them as well, there's very few people who have "never touched a drop" in their lives, don't worry about it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

steeevo93 wrote: »

They always have a small bit, usually 0.3%-0.5%. It's pretty impossible to take it all out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 steeevo93

ahh well :) looks like it'll be another year of ginger ale :)
    Just a quick question...is shloer one of those "fizzy drinks" that has alcohol in it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

irish_goat wrote: »
    They always have a small bit, usually 0.3%-0.5%. It's pretty impossible to take it all out.

That's de-alcoholised if its up to 0.5. Bit lame as its only 2 bottles to match regular beers

Most labelled 'Alcohol Free' are only about 0.05

If anyones a wine drinker, Tesco sell cartons of Red Grape Juice, and its EXACTLY the same taste as wine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Can anyone recommend a nice non alcoholic wine?

Advertisement