Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mossberg semi auto shotgun

Options
  • 21-12-2010 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

well lads, i was looking at a second hand mossberg semi auto shotgun in stakelums today. it's a camo one if anyone else that was in there might have seen it. sean was looking for €495 for it by itself, and he'll take my yildiz as part of the deal, but i haven't got a figure of how much he'll give me for it
    so what do ye think, are they a good gun? i know nothing about them myself so opinions and experiences appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

If it is the new Mossberg semi auto,take it,depending on its condition of course.So long as it hasnt been used as a tyre iron.Anything built by Mossberg IMO is built tough ,maybe looks cheap and nasty,but it isnt.Cant be any worse than that Turkish yoke you have,or so I'm led to belive.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    If it is the new Mossberg semi auto,take it,depending on its condition of course.So long as it hasnt been used as a tyre iron.Anything built by Mossberg IMO is built tough ,maybe looks cheap and nasty,but it isnt.Cant be any worse than that Turkish yoke you have,or so I'm led to belive.
    i don't know the model, i'm thinking it could be a 930, it's a camo gun with a synthetic stock, there are a few marks on it but other than that it look grand. what attracted me to it aswell was the fit, it just felt right the minute i put it up to my shoulder, and lined up perfectly when i pointed it at different spots on the wall

which is the better between a mossberg or a baikal semi auto shotgun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Mossberg's are no frills, ain't pretty, guns that you can beat the cr@p out of. They are workhorses.

Ever go out on a boat or along the coast to waterfowl? Salt water + thousands into Italian semi auto = :mad:

Crossing ditches, resting against an auld stone, who cares...

Go with the Mossberg.

Baikal makes a fine gun too - kind of the Russian Mossberg. However, I would take the Mossberg over the Baikal.

Are you sure it isn't the 500? They are a well supported model. You may never need anything to add on, however, it is nice to know that if you want a synthetic stock, chokes, longer/shorter barrel, scoped barrel, it's easy to come by.

FISMA wrote: »
    Mossberg's are no frills, ain't pretty, guns that you can beat the cr@p out of. They are workhorses.

Ever go out on a boat or along the coast to waterfowl? Salt water + thousands into Italian semi auto = :mad:

Crossing ditches, resting against an auld stone, who cares...

Go with the Mossberg.

Baikal makes a fine gun too - kind of the Russian Mossberg. However, I would take the Mossberg over the Baikal.

Are you sure it isn't the 500? They are a well supported model. You may never need anything to add on, however, it is nice to know that if you want a synthetic stock, chokes, longer/shorter barrel, scoped barrel, it's easy to come by.
    its definitely not a 500, they're pump action. i was looking at a beretta too but it didn't feel like it fitted as well as the mossberg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

The Bakial semi is basically a Remmy 1100 or 1187 semi copy.
    The Mossberg auto is more than likely a 930 in mossy oak or breakup cammo.It has good reports,and if it fits you and you feel comfy with it..Go for it.

There was a Mossberg 5500 semi auto out years ago[25plus].It seems to have been short lived for whatever reason.So make sure it isnt one of them.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    The Bakial semi is basically a Remmy 1100 or 1187 semi copy.
    The Mossberg auto is more than likely a 930 in mossy oak or breakup cammo.It has good reports,and if it fits you and you feel comfy with it..Go for it.

There was a Mossberg 5500 semi auto out years ago[25plus].It seems to have been short lived for whatever reason.So make sure it isnt one of them.
    i'll look into it more after christmas.
    what would be the craic with licencing, sean said it would just be an amendment just changing the licence over for another 12ga. does the fact that its semi auto not make a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

No difference as long as the mag is plugged to 3 rounds max

well i think it could be looking good for me and this mossberg, i think my yildiz is worth around 350-400 so if i can get the mossberg for less than 150 along with the yildiz i'll take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Liam_D

I had a 9200 it had a black synthetic stock and kind of like a parkerised finish, was a great gun, shouldn't have changed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Invincible

There's a fresh looking Mossberg Maverick semi-auto in the for sale section here for €350. :)

Invincible wrote: »
    There's a fresh looking Mossberg Maverick semi-auto in the for sale section here for €350. :)
    i checked it and its a pump action

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Invincible wrote: »
    declan1980 wrote: »
    i checked it and its a pump action

That must be the Semi-Auto bit where you pump the next shell in. ;):p

Advertisement