Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Church at Marlfield

Options
  • 21-12-2010 8:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭

Is the one church used by both the Catholic Church and the Church of Ireland or are there two churches, similar in size and in structure with the one name.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭All in all

There is one church in Marlfield and it is Church of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

I know of two Catholic Weddings that have taken place there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

The one church is used for both church of ireland services and mass.....its technically COI but there is a catholic mass on once a month (i think) and both COI and catholic weddings are held there...its beautiful inside this church

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭All in all

solerina wrote: »
    The one church is used for both church of ireland services and mass.....its technically COI but there is a catholic mass on once a month (i think) and both COI and catholic weddings are held there...its beautiful inside this church

I don't understand when you say technically COI, it is church of Ireland and is used by the roman catholic church with the permission of the COI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

All in all wrote: »
    I don't understand when you say technically COI, it is church of Ireland and is used by the roman catholic church with the permission of the COI.

Im actually not sure, the church was originally built by / linked to the Bagwell family who lived in Marlfield house (landlords) and they wud have been church of ireland, I would assume that its as you said used by the catholic church wither the permission COI.

• Advertisement
Advertisement