Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Go!

Options
  • 21-12-2010 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Sick of it much? Cant get from Ongar to Blanch Village without a pain in your hole and freezing toes? Thoughts Folks?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It's cold and white, it's a pain in the ass but it will eventually melt. Not sure what thoughts exactly you're looking for tbh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Extra socks and walk quickly, you'll be there in no time and with warm feet!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Oh crap!! How bad is it?
    I was working until nine, got to the bus stop at 9:15 and waited a hour, ended up in my brothers sofa in Rathmines but have to head out to Ongar in about half a hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭susiewoosie

Thoughts? I'm peeved.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Angelmangle

I bounced on my bum down the very slippy steps at Coolmine station this morning. Embarrassing and sore :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

My daughter went on her ass there yesterday, seems to be a dodgy spot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The 39 and 39a are running but just not going into the shopping centre.

We've cleared the drive and path 5 times so far, there is over a foot of snow in the back garden. Thankfully we are stocked up for the weeks and don't have plans to stray far from the house at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

Take note on the Dublin bus notice re weather disruption
    Due to severe traffic congestion at the Blanchardstown Centre and all of the approach roads to the Blanchardstown Centre, Dublin Bus services to the Blanchardstown area are been severely delayed and disrupted including Routes 37, 38/a, 39/a, 70 and all local services.* Dublin Bus would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused and advise customers to expect delays for the next few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Anyone drive down to the centre this evening? Absolute chaos. I was walking so was alright but it was crazy. People must be mad.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

What it like around the hospital? Need to go there tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

PauloMN wrote: »
    What it like around the hospital? Need to go there tomorrow.

The only way into the hospital now is by the new entrance on the N3, which was chaos yesterday but apparently was fine today. If there's no snow overnight you should be fine.
    You can't drive through the hospital any more so there won't have been a lot of traffic through to clear the snow, but I'd imagine they'd keep it clear for ambulances and that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Anyone drive down to the centre this evening? Absolute chaos. I was walking so was alright but it was crazy. People must be mad.

I left the house about 3 to go down, but saw the traffic and turned right around and went home. Dunno how it was that bad. Seems to have been bad everywhere in D.15 yesterday evening.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Feck it, made a new appointment. I heard it's snowing there again this morning and I wasn't going to drive from here to find chaos down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Took me 1hour and 36 minutes to get from Stadium business park in Ballycoolin down the road to the flyover at ebay (Blanch shopping centre) last night. In fact I had my wife walk to meet me and when I got to that roundabout before I went across the flyover, I went down the N3 instead and was grand but there was one point for 20 minutes where not a single car moved in the line of traffic. It was mind numbingly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I hate when the traffic is like this esp. in Blanch.
    Taking some long backroads around the situation isnt even an option at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Snowing hard now for the last hour or so. Can't imagine it will be any better today.

Advertisement