Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is An Post functioning normally?

Options
  • 21-12-2010 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

For some reason I find myself working in Dingoland this festive season (I do hope that this does not become a feature of irishness in years to come as the dislocation is enough to put one to drink) and I have not had any post from Direland for weeks.
    I am expecting stuff, nice stuff, apparently - absence making the heart grow fonder and all that...
    I was in posting my own cards at the local Royal Mail office (soon to feature stamps without her majie's beefy head on them - a very thin silver lining to the grey of the slump) and I asked about the delays. The nice asian lady proved something of an expert on an post deliveries - she too has noted that they have been sparse of late.
    So what gives? Unofficial action? Work to rule? 7 billion not enough to firm up the old filial bonds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,666 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

slothrop wrote: »
    For some reason I find myself working in Dingoland this festive season (I do hope that this does not become a feature of irishness in years to come as the dislocation is enough to put one to drink) and I have not had any post from Direland for weeks.
    I am expecting stuff, nice stuff, apparently - absent making the heart and all that...
    I was in posting my own cards at the local Royal Mail office today (soon to feature stamps without her majie's beefy head on them - a very thin silver lining to the grey of the slump) and I asked about the delays. The nice asian lady proved something of an expert on an post deliveries - she too has noted that they have been sparse of late.
    So what gives? Unofficial action? Work to rule? 7 billion not enough to firm up the old filial bonds?

Apart from weather related issues, An Post is working normally...

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭slothrop

What's with the elipsis?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,060 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Thanks for the 7 billion quid. I'd say the An Post guys have been spurred on to great efforts by that to deliver English mail whenever it gets here but they are up against the weather just like their Royal Mail colleagues in the North.

http://news.myhermes.co.uk/royal-mail-may-fail-to-deliver-parcels-until-january-800305095.news

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Royal mail in the north are currentLY slow to both the ROI and UK.
    Mail from the UK is really really slow to the ROI.

Considering the conditions it is hardly suprising.

thanks for the replies

which were, at least, more forthcoming than the post - nothing showed up despite the reassurances

as for the cash hand out, that wasnt my idea - im really sick of tax aide for bankers - thank the lord of tipperary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

We had excellent service from An Post over the festive season, despite the inclement weather. Everything we sent out within their recommended timelines, both domestic and international, arrived when they said it would arrive.

You might explain what the bailout has to do with An Post deliveries; I didn't realise that they were rescued by it. Or is it just a case of yet another person blaming the banks and the bailout for all of their personal woes?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Athlone_Bhoy

Haven't got one parcel from England many sent at the start of the month.

Could anyone tell me if they're delivering parcels yet?

i made some flippand remark about the loan from the uk; the intention of which was kind of misread

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@slothrop - This is the Consumer Issues forum. It is not a place to discuss the recent banking scandal or politics. There are other forums on boards more suited to such discussions.

dudara

yep

grand

however

i was asked a question by Fey

and i didnt want it to stand as rhetorical

because i have a reply

if you remove my response - which includes my observation that the postal services have struggled to get my mail to/from ireland/uk this winter - then i'm positioned as simply linking gripes about banks to postal services -

the two are obviously unrelated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Athlone Bhoy; if the parcels were registered you can check the track and trace number on www.anpost.ie to see where it is.

Otherwise try calling your local distribution centre in case it's been stuck there over the holiday period.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

If you go over to the Irish Economy forum you'll see that a load of nurse and health professionals didnt get paid today due to a problem with their private contractor who was responsible for their payroll. No issues with snow or poorly gritted roads.

Advertisement