Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pipes frozen yet in Mullingar?

Options
  • 21-12-2010 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Anyone lost their water yet in Mullingar. There seems to be a run on water in the supermarkets this evening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Nothing yet! few showers blocked in Multyfarnham area. water stocking Must b in anticipation of the next couple of days!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭TimeClock18

Gone in Kinnegad and Multyfarnham since yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Im in Lakepoint and its been gone since Monday night/Tuesday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭AstralTV

3rd day without water, standpipes out last nite, ardliegh area, Mullingar

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Skafan

In the Hawthorns in Kinnegad and went this morning. Does anyone know if the standpipe is up yet as Westmeath Co Co were due to do this earlier and call me back to confirm done and where.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭TimeClock18

Skafan wrote: »
    In the Hawthorns in Kinnegad and went this morning. Does anyone know if the standpipe is up yet as Westmeath Co Co were due to do this earlier and call me back to confirm done and where.

Didnt notice any this evening passing through the town at about 6, could be wrong though.

Cheers, been down there today and opposite the Hilamar. Seems that there is quite a few houses without water again in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Skulduggery

Hi,

Anyone got any idea about water supplies coming back on in the Athlone area? Council website said they would be back on at 9.00 AM but no sign yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 zer0c00l

Still no water here in Athlone. Kinda odd, as the temperature seems to be rising. And from the council website it seemed that they would return the reservoir filling at 9:00AM. What a way to spend Xmas and St Stephen's day, no way to bath...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

3rd day without water (Ballymahon Rd Athlone) and heating went this morning aswell. Drains are frozen aswell.

Council turned down the water pressure to combat people leaving taps on according to a lad at the stand pipe at McCormack Park.

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    3rd day without water (Ballymahon Rd Athlone) and heating went this morning aswell. Drains are frozen aswell.

Council turned down the water pressure to combat people leaving taps on according to a lad at the stand pipe at McCormack Park.

3 days with no water? I'm sorry about that. I have no water for the last 36 hours now, and finding it very annoying. Mostly cause I never thought that would have this problems here.
    The climate is changing, and local authorities should do something about it. I heard last year there was several pipe bursting and water shortage, and seems that nothing was done about this, same thing happening again.

Water and Electricity are the basic infrastructure you hope that any country should provide to you.

Really annoying.

Its a pain but not too bad so far, we were something like 2 weeks without last year!

Its a pain but not too bad so far, we were something like 2 weeks without last year!
    2 WEEKS???? Really? Holy Sh**t!! Gosh, that is beyond imagination. I would figure this in a poor african country, but really, two weeks with no water in europe? Damn, that is bad.

Ours is fully gone since at least Tuesday, a little further in on the Ballymahon Road. Central heating frozen as well, brrrrrrrrrr.

whyulittle wrote: »
    Ours is fully gone since at least Tuesday, a little further in on the Ballymahon Road. Central heating frozen as well, brrrrrrrrrr.

Shizzle, didnt realise that at all! The other lad has all working, and he's only 20 houses further down than me :-)

Not any more he doesn't! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

Water tank in Kinnegad has cracked just been on to council. All of Kinnegad now has no water and no stand pipes. Anybody know of a stand pipe in the area? Council reckon will be a day or two before they can repair it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭eobphotography

I'm in Lakepoint, no water since last Sunday:((( Anyone know if its just frozen or is there burst pipes around here? I would have thought it would have started to thaw by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

I live there too and ours (and next door neighbours)only went on Christmas day. None of our pipes/whatevers in the garden are frozen :/

• Advertisement

Heating is fixed, water is still gone.

Longest queues so far at the stand pipe beside Coosan Church since it has been put in place.

Our neighbours water in Kinnegad has come back on this morning but ours has not. Standpipes still in operation in the town and at Heathfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Skafan, this will make you blood boil. There is a "neighbour" with a standpipe in heathfield close, connected to his pressure washer, cleaning his car and drive way. Well he does have a 10 reg car so needs to keep it clean.

Oh yes I have been on to the council, they will try and catch him. I have been on several times over the last year, even during the snow in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Skafan, this will make you blood boil. There is a "neighbour" with a standpipe in heathfield close, connected to his pressure washer, cleaning his car and drive way. Well he does have a 10 reg car so needs to keep it clean.

Oh yes I have been on to the council, they will try and catch him. I have been on several times over the last year, even during the snow in January.

Now that is disgusting, I hope the council catch him in the act, I'd record him and offer it as evidence :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

take pictures!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I lost mine in Rochfortbridge just before Christmas. Went away to the states and when I came back on new years eve, the water was back though low pressure.

Problem is, while I was away the pipes outside my house froze. They also froze inside (in attic) and burst. When I came back and turned everything back on (heating system mainly) I had water coming down from the attic (bungalow) There were at least 3 leaks fixed as well as two valves before I thought all was well and plumber left and then the big one happened. Over one of the rooms water was pouring out of a number of other leaks. Plumber came back and had nothing left to fix these leaks with so terminated those connections meaning that room now has no working radiator till he comes back some time this week.

I was lucky I had no water before I left as if it had been flowing when the leaks happened, I would have been in far worse trouble.

Finally got our water back today, after almost two weeks without it.

:D

Until the next cold snap at least....
    Water Supply – Athlone
    Annagh Water Supply Scheme

There will be no water supply restrictions this evening, Tuesday 11th January.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

I am sick to the tits of havin the water turned off every single bloody night

This is ridiculous. Off again in the evenings till Mon morning again

Is no one else feckin sick of it?

The joy of being able to go for a shower or ****e after 10 o clock is nothing but fantasy now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

Really sick of it but should have more than enough in the tank for a quick shower and a few flushes of the bog.

The only thing I do is fill the kettle in the evening and carry on as normal.

Advertisement