Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler worked, then went dead, frost whether conditions

• 21-12-2010 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey guys, right I have had no oil for last week due to oil company not being able to get to me with the whether. I got oil 2nite , bleed boiler and it worked, happy days I thought...... checked it 10min later and the boiler is not working and the red light on reset switch is nolonger illuminated, not alowing me to do anything and kind of stopping me in my tracks.

I have a feeling that the pipes are frozen and it has shut down due to this?????

If ye of great wisdom agree with this , how do I get it working when pipes thaw?????

I have a 18mth baby and freakin xmas in few days any ideas ppl?????

thanx guys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

yes pipes will be frozen

because its been so long without heat you likely wont be able to defrost them any easy way and will need to wait for them to thaw out. not sure what to suggest re: preventing them bursting when they thaw.. maybe leave the screw out of the pump or something so the water has somewhere to expand to... tho if its an expansion pipe that should be enough. basically it will be very hard to prevent if they are gonna burst they will.

all the best tho sorry its not any good news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sm0ky

yea this is what im slowly coming to terms with , not that its not gonna stop me going out armed with a torch! to try and 'have a look' when mrs gets home :rolleyes:..... u mentioned a screw to allow water to run off when thawing , is there an easy way to explain where i'd find

again thanx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

water circulating pump might look like this or similar

http://www.homyensolar.com/PRODUCTS/Accessories/circulating%20pump/WILO%20HOT%20WATER%20CIRCULATION%20PUMP.jpg

the big screw in the middle can be screwed out to bleed the pump, water normally drips out of it, so leaving that open may help prevent the bursting

once water is heated it expands so when its frozen and starts to thaw it will expand and need somewhere to push the water towards, if its nowhere to go then the pipe will expand and eventually burst

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sm0ky

the flat head one yes not philips

thanks a mill man !!!!.......

love the snow and all ..... but norm have heating

Advertisement