Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gullcon 2010 @ The docks

Options
  • 21-12-2010 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

What's with all the seagulls in the docks these days!?
    It's like a seagull conference.
    Maybe the cold weather brings them there for some reason..
    Also seem to hang around lough Attalia at times..
    Lotsa seals too .. nice to see :-)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

there was literally hundreds of birds, mostly Gulls but lots of Herons, Cormorant's and a few other species in lough atalia last wedneaday, was getting the train to Athlone and was stunned to see so many, seemed like they were havign a bit of a feeding frenzy and there seemed to be a lot of fish in the shallow water.

Maybe for one reason or another there is just a lot of fish in near land this winter?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

It just means a Tsunami is on the way....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

I noticed that in the car the last evening. There were hundreds of the little feckers!

Gullcon :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

It has something to do with the water being cleaner so the sprat are coming further in, hence the appearance of all the birds. They've had some people doing a study on it, so I was told....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Herring sprat inshore apparently, hence all the cormorants and seals. The gulls too, but they are staying in the docks at night because its warmer in the city than out the bay. Or so an old salt told me... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I noticed that in the car the last evening. There were hundreds of the little feckers!

In the car? :confused:

Advertisement