Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barska 7X50 Eagle Binoculars

Options
  • 22-12-2010 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Has anyone purchased or used these binoculars or any Barska binoculars? I'm looking for a good, reasonably priced pair for astronomy and found them for €75 in town, which is much cheaper than many other binoculars of this magnification.

I was wondering if the brand has a good reputation, etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

Has anyone purchased or used these binoculars or any Barska binoculars? I'm looking for a good, reasonably priced pair for astronomy and found them for €75 in town, which is much cheaper than many other binoculars of this magnification.

Never heard of them but you can get a cheap pair of 10x50s on ebay for 30-35 euro, they work fine!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Yes, Barska are a reputable brand. But they are more famous for the likes of riflescopes, microscopes, etc. i think, in fact if memory serves the first digital microscope i saw was a barska. I have never seen a barska branded pair of bino's or telescope but the brand does carry some recognition

If you were willing to wait LIDL nearly always have a great pair of 10x50 bresser

These are the exact pair you will find in lidl from time to time:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Bresser-Binoculars-10-x-50-Long-Eyerelief-LE-/190476480128?pt=UK_Photography_Binoculars_ET&hash=item2c59486e80

but the price is extortionate considering its £14.95 + £9.95 (£24.90 /€30.00)and they're second hand. i have seen the bresser pair or of similar quality/ spec to sell from anywhere between €35-€55 and can be had at a great bargain in store for €24.99. You would do well to keep your eyes on LIDL from time to time, even if you went with a barska pair the bressers would be excellent backups

From just a quick search they appear new on amazon.co.uk marketplace for £48.95 from Binoculars UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bresser-10x50-High-Definition-Binoculars/dp/B000UPIW5U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1293048550&sr=8-1

Advertisement