Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to get from melbourne to sydney???

Options
  • 22-12-2010 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Me and a friend are arriving into melboune at 10 am on monday 17th of January from a long broken up flight from ireland, but we are heading straight up to sydney but are not sure what the best form of transport would be??
    flights seem to be about 100 dollars from what i can find but im not really sure where to look for cheap flights in australia, or would we be better getting the train or some other way.
    so if any of you's know of any websites i should be looking at would ya's let me know please :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

use this
    http://webjet.com.au/

will list the cheapest flights.
    With flights make sure you know what airport they are leaving from
    Tullimare is the international and domestic for most flights
    however jetstar and tiger fly (not always) from avalon which is another 1hr away

a train is pretty pricey too, you can get a bus but that is 10+ hrs drive

personally I'll say flight

• Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Just fly, bus/trains take way too long, you'll crack up.

When booking/searching just make sure you pick tullmare and not simple melbourne as your departure.

expedia.com.au is good too

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Yeah I agree with the guys . I done the bus trip Sydney to Melbourne n back and it was a killer . You get off in the middle of no where for a stop with a Giant Sheep i think outside it from what i can remember or maybe i was just imagining things..

No just checked and i was right It's Goulburn

http://www.bugaustralia.com/destinations/goulburn.html

goulburn.jpg

Anyway it takes about 13 hours . So yeah if you can afford a flight do it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Ya flight would be the handiest. Tiger are the cheapest but they can be very unreliable. Flew with them about 5 times and twice they fecked up...one delayed, one cancelled. Jetstar would be quite cheap and reliable.

Advertisement