Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question about signing on?

• 22-12-2010 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

hi people, i have a question regarding signing on, lets say that you were signing on the 10th of january, but u were really ill, and you had a note from the doctor stating you cannot leave the house for a week, what do you do about the social, can they cut you off, i know you would miss that weeks payment, but can they close your claim, if anyone has an answer please let me know, thanks.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Technically if you are too ill to sign then you are too ill to work/look for work. So they could close the claim while you apply for Illness Benefit. But it is only for a week so it sounds like a lot of hassle. AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

by ill, i would mean a viral infection, would a cert cover you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

does any1 know???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭uoluol

Bit confused by your question.

Are you trying to say in a round about way that you won't be around on January 10th to sign on? If that is the case, well then you should apply for holiday. You are entitled to 12 days holidays in a year, but you need to apply in advance, so you should sort this out in asap.

If you are sick, well you are not available for work. But how can you say that you will be sick in advance :confused: Most offices would accept you being a day or so late, but if you are genuinely ill, your doctor will give you a medical cert which you can use to claim Illness Benefit. If you don't have the contributions for IB, your claim will still be registered, but will be paid by the CWO.

So, there is no reason for you to lose a week's payment, you just need to follow the correct procedure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

They'd close a claim pretty smartish if, for instance, they found out someone was 'planning' a viral infection more than two weeks in advance!

Holidays may be taken.

(a) A person may receive JA for 2 weeks holidays (i.e. 12 days excluding Sundays) in any calendar year. These holidays may be taken abroad.

S/he is required to inform the Local Office 2 weeks in advance of his/her departure and to complete the form UP 30. All holiday payments should be made retrospectively, upon confirmation of the position when the person signs on again (on the next normal signing day after his/her return). If a person goes on holiday for longer than 2 weeks, s/he may be paid in respect of the first two weeks, but should be disqualified for any period abroad in excess of this.

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/OperationalGuidelines/Pages/ja_jobseekall.aspx#disqualother

• Advertisement
Advertisement