Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderators Read!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I just generally don't contribute that much around here.
    I don't think any of us do. Unless you can call adding a little sh1t to a huge sewer full of **** contributing.:P:p

ps why is there two different smileys for the same:p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I would say the emphasis on mods and all that hierarchical stuff is quite high around here. More part of the culture than many other sites I'm part of(admittedly narrow focus sites). As much if not moreso it comes from the everyday users too. No, actually moreso. Which for me anyway is an interesting insight into our cultural notions. It's not the reality though. Trust me on that. There are as many opinions and ways of thinking as there are mods. Me, I work on the live and let live principle, though have failed in that more than once. I think Mod = equals Moderator, as in the definition of that. They/we/I should moderate the extremes, but not at the cost of the community. Like I said I've failed in that a few times, so I dunno if I can comment TBH.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Ill get my say in before its locked, there actually is one Mod thats really nuts on the Cork City thread, he/she is on some power trip...Which in itself explains why the Cork City thread is so boring....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Wibbs wrote: »
    I would say the emphasis on mods and all that hierarchical stuff is quite high around here. More part of the culture than many other sites I'm part of(admittedly narrow focus sites). As much if not moreso it comes from the everyday users too. No, actually moreso. Which for me anyway is an interesting insight into our cultural notions. It's not the reality though. Trust me on that. There are as many opinions and ways of thinking as there are mods. Me, I work on the live and let live principle, though have failed in that more than once. I think Mod = equals Moderator, as in the definition of that. They/we/I should moderate the extremes, but not at the cost of the community. Like I said I've failed in that a few times, so I dunno if I can comment TBH.

STOP OPPRESSING US YOU NAZI!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Wibbs wrote: »

Boobs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

OP why don't you go to feedback and request to be made a mod. I hear it normally ends well.

fedor.2. wrote: »
    Its frozen over at the moment
    It can be unfrozen very easily though by telling me what to do with this bag of weed I have in front of me:D Or telling me where I can get some more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Stromtroopers ...for gawd sake were are the Stormtroopers ?

Unpossible wrote: »
    OP why don't you go to feedback and request to be made a mod. I hear it normally ends well.
    They get paid sh1tloads too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

STOP OPPRESSING US YOU NAZI!
    *User name is the dead giveaway. keeps tabs on same* :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

You might be better off going to feedback op.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement