Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Management Science MSc?

Options
  • 22-12-2010 2:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hey all, I am a Mathematics BSc graduate with 2.5 years employment. I am currently toying with the idea of returning to university to do an MSc in Management Science/Business Analytics/Operational Research. Can anybody here recommend a good University for this?

I have seen the Business Analytics in Smurfit, and the curriculum seems to fit the bill. However, I am open to studying abroad so am wondering what Unis have the best reputation?

Anybody here have any experience of the courses in Warwick or Lancaster?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭graduate

UCD MSc in Business Analytics is the only one in Ireland. Warwick, Lancaster and Strathclyde would have excellent reputations in Britain.

http://www.learnaboutor.co.uk/learn/university_courses.htm

These balance within these programmes may vary a little. For instance the UCD one has programming, hence its subsidised fee under the Advanced Skills programme. Warwick has both a traditional OR/MS degree and a slightly different Management Consulting and Analytics programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 FakeSheikh

Thanks for the info Graduate, much appreciated.

Is there anybody on this site who has experience of any of these courses, or the institutions involved? At present I'm thinking Warwick, possibly for the ORMS route.

Is it generally difficult to get a place in one of these courses? I have a First Class Honours BSc in a quantitative subject from an Irish University. Is that in itself enough to guarantee me a place?

Finally, are there any other well-regarded courses outside the UK, that might be worth considering? I am looking for a Masters that will allow me to pursue a career as a Business Analyst (but still allowing me the flexibility to pursue other career paths if I change my mind).

All feedback welcome.

Advertisement