Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Taxi's

Options
  • 22-12-2010 7:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭

just tried 5 companies, no one available. Is it that bad out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I just came from the port, loads of taxis there, roads didn't seem too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

When there's a shortage of drivers out, bad weather, Xmas day etc. the companies have a tendancy to look after their regular customers or those that have pre-booked their cabs a day or two ago, best is to just start on shanks pony and stick your hand out for one of the unaffilated taxis like mine, they'll usualy be prowling the main arterial routes looking for punters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Any thoughts on taxi's round town tonight?. Night before Christmas eve usually a big night out in town with people finishing up work, i have to meet people in ranelagh this evening then get back to Ashtown, can get train and luas out but presuming it turns in to a late one do you reckon there will be taxis around later or will most drivers decide not to head out in the conditions?
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

Just called 3 companies.

My local firm asked to call back 10 minutes before i need it, not good when trying to get to the train station!!
    Another one I have been on hold with for 10 minutes. And the other one answered and hung on straight away!

I understand the roads do seem to be bad, but at least answer the phone and give me an update ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Any thoughts on taxi's round town tonight?. Night before Christmas eve usually a big night out in town with people finishing up work, i have to meet people in ranelagh this evening then get back to Ashtown, can get train and luas out but presuming it turns in to a late one do you reckon there will be taxis around later or will most drivers decide not to head out in the conditions?
    cheers
    IMO if you decide to head out tonight and make a late one of it then you do it knowing there is a good chance you won't get a taxi later. I'd imagine alot of taxi drivers probably wouldn't take the chance on driving around suburban areas and risk damaging/crashing their cars.

I live in Dublin 10 and the roads are pretty bad around here but they'll be even worse after midnight once it freezes again and the snow and ice is compacted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

I shall be working tonight but hope NOT to be going into the city ( depends on the customers! ), much prefer to be working areas where both I and the customers have a much better idea of the road conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

I know this is far fetched but is there any hope of a taxi on xmas day? I need to travel from Dun Laoghaire to Sandyford to visit my grandparents and my mam's car is in the garage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I know this is far fetched but is there any hope of a taxi on xmas day? I need to travel from Dun Laoghaire to Sandyford to visit my grandparents and my mam's car is in the garage

Best bet would be to ring and ask a few companies. Although it would also depend heavily on the weather.

Dalkey cabs always have drivers on christmas day - now the weather puts a different sland on that. But worth the call anyway. 01 285 7777

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I got a taxi at Tripod last night with little bother. You may have to walk a little bit from a busy area like that to catch one before it hits the crowds. I'm heading out again tonight so if I don't post here later I'm stuck in town :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Twee. wrote: »
    I got a taxi at Tripod last night with little bother. You may have to walk a little bit from a busy area like that to catch one before it hits the crowds. I'm heading out again tonight so if I don't post here later I'm stuck in town :p

m.boards.ie ;)

Advertisement